Broken lesche

silver star

Elite Member
:mad:WOW I wasn't thinking this would be possible but today after digging plug my Lesche broke. I have this Lesche for almost year and half and today bent and broke on lower part. Anyone know if they have warranty and for how long. I really love the Lesche and would like to get other one either with warranty or just buy another one. Thanks in advance. HH Mike

Attachments

• Image132.jpg
    Image132.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 854
  • Image133.jpg
    Image133.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 1,234
3rd time this week same spot it broke.. contact a sposor, like NED they will make it right for you..I hope mine doesn't break in that spot in a year, but being that there are 1,000's on here and only a handfull have broke.. just remember that.. we do a lot of digging and these tools take a lot..

3rd time this week same spot it broke.. contact a sposor, like NED they will make it right for you..I hope mine doesn't break in that spot in a year, but being that there are 1,000's on here and only a handfull have broke.. just remember that.. we do a lot of digging and these tools take a lot..

Thanks Joe for the info. I will try to contact sponsor and see what can be done. Thanks again and good luck on your next hunt. HH Mike

This really makes me curious if it is a design flaw or a flaw in the heat treatment/temper of the metal, or a cheaper metal being used. Has any one broken their Predator model 85 or have all that have broken been Lesche's. I know George Lesche had a falling out with relatives and started Predator tools, just wondering if the falling out was over cutting corners during manufacturing and if these broken diggers are the result.

Yikes...yours broke worse than mine did. :O. I have an extra gator digger if you wanna pay for shipping I'll give it to you. Very similar to the lesche. The handle just needs super glued back on. :lol: I've used it once.

Here's mine. Talk to NED about getting another one. They're a great company!

Attachments

• broke lesche.jpg
    broke lesche.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 796
Yikes...yours broke worse than mine did. :O. I have an extra gator digger if you wanna pay for shipping I'll give it to you. Very similar to the lesche. The handle just needs super glued back on. :lol:

Here's mine. Talk to NED about getting another one. They're a great company!

Thanks bud for info. I did contact Dale via PM and waiting for his response. I just feel lost with out my digger:mad: I had it for almost year and half and everything was fine except today was digging plug and blade just bend and crack. Ground was not that hard so have no clue what's going on. If your offer still on for that gator digger I would like to pay shipping and get that digger. I can send you nice silver coin surprise for it plus shipping. Thanks again and best of luck to you. Mike

I just feel lost with out my digger:mad: I had it for almost year and half and everything was fine except today was digging plug and blade just bend and crack.

I know what you mean Mike. I went out this morning and forgot my 3 year old Lesche but, I had a new $6 Fiskars digger backup in the car and it just wasn't the same. Later after dinner I went back out with a different Lesche that I just got this week as a backup and it felt like I was cheating on my wife. :lol: If something happens to my original Lesche, I'd be a lost puppy for awhile.

WOW, another one!

This is the 3rd broken Lesche I've read about and all 3 broke at the same place...

just AS a temp fix lowes sales a pretty dag gum good one for around 14 bucks in garden depart

Mine broke in the same place. I believe they have a two year warranty. I had mine for about that amount of time, so I didn't bother with getting it repaired.

I bought a Predator digger, which has a no-questions-asked 5-year warranty, and made by George Lesche. That's what I use now as my full-time digger.

I also just bought a Lesche from New England Detectors as a backup. The price was right! :yes:

I got a Leche too and I grab it with my two fingers and put pressure to see how strong they are and I don't feel like they are strong at all. I thought that the leches were the toughest tool out there. But know I'am having second thoughts.

The one thing I have noticed about the broken Lesche diggers is. They are rusty, ya'll are not cleaning them. If metal gets a pit in it from rust or a bad rusty place it is gonna weaken. Clean them every trip home, if you leave damp dirt on them for a couple of hours they start rusting in those spots. They cost so much because they are made of chrome molly steel. That is about the toughest steel you can get period. Mine get a cleaning and oiling down as soon as I get home after every hunt.

I got a Leche too and I grab it with my two fingers and put pressure to see how strong they are and I don't feel like they are strong at all. I thought that the leches were the toughest tool out there. But know I'am having second thoughts.

Please make us a video of that

First of all I don't have a video camera. And second of all if I had a video camera I wouldn't know how to post a video. I don't even know how to post a picture. I barley know how to trun the computer. Why would you want to see a video anyways it's not like it bends.

Just buy a Predatortool, they use stronger steel, they are actually (made by George Lesche, and if they are any problems with the tool he repairs them himself.

WWMFG builds the lesche tool and been cutting the cost on steel, reason for the breakages, any one?

So stick with a Predatortool, plus George is always filled with detecting stories!

Greg

I'm telling you guys that NOTHING beats a Hori Hori knife! NOTHING! :D

http://www.amazon.com/Joshua-Roth-1...T2KB/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1303748257&sr=8-4

41Oahkaas2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Similar to my 30+ year old 3-in-1 knife. I wipe it down and that's all. There's no flex in it. I have never felt like it might break, even after pounding it into rock hard clay with my hatchet. I've dug through bricks, rocks, gravel, and who knows what else. The only sign of wear...it's a little shorter after 30 years of sharpening every three or four months.

Back
Top Bottom