minelab or whites

master_cat

i was gonna just spend 500 but i came into a little money so im lookin at more the hi end stuff i may be new but i want a super detector lets here yalls thoughts on a good unit

Well if you want the best deep coin detector based on the research from this forum and talking to other members the E-Trac by MineLab is as good as it will get. If you don't want to spend 1400 dollars I would recommend the MineLab X-Terra 705, its around 700 but you can get discounts, or the MXT by White's which is probably around 800 but you can also get discounts. I have read a lot about all 3 of these machines and I am actually planning on getting the X-Terra 705 this weekend.

i dont see much talk of the v3i on here does the etrac spank it and make it a ...... lol im just confused i need somthing that is going to punch deep and not beep on every peice of iron

The whites v3i has a large learning curve and that turns alot of people away but you can just turn it on and go and learn the machine and what you can do to optimize the settings as you become one with the machine.Ken

I have a dfx and it works really well, but, from watching youtube videos and reading the forum I'd have to say, if I had the money I would definitely want an e-trac. Seems to be the ultimate machine at the moment.

If this is going to be your 1st detector, it might be wise to start out with a more modest one unless your pretty tech savy. A top end detector such as the Etrac or V3i can be quite over-whelming to someone who's never used a detector before or even an entry level detector for that matter. They are quite high tech to say the least. In regards to iron, most modern day detectors can discriminate out iron, so that won't be much of a problem and going deep isn't as important as many people think. Target unmasking (being able to hit on coins in among trash) is more important than actual depth. One of the areas that not all that many detectors really excel at.

most people around here have whites xlts for som reason im really good with computers wat i do for a living lol

I would get an F75 LTD and the new 15in coil that is due out very soon. It should be the king of depth in most area's especially for relics. If you mostly hunt for old coins at parks the E-trac and V3i are also good choices. Yes E-trac seems to be more popular on this forum but on some sites more people use Whites, on other sites more use Fishers. E-trac, F75 LTD, and V3i are all good machines and will find the same items in most area's though they each have their strong points and weaknesses.

Ebay

Check out Ebay I just purchased a Minelab Explore II with the sunray pin pointer and xtra coil. I hunted the last five years with a Minelab Sovereign.
I did a lot of research before my purchase between all the top end Explores and still see a lot of good left in the Explore II.
There is a bit of a learning curve but sounds like you have patience. I always say it takes a summer to learn a new machine.
Best of luck and good hunting

As somone else mentioned the V3i has a steep learning curve but once you learn it I fully believe that it is better than the E-Trac. You hear so much about the E-Trac because you can just turn on and go so it is fitted for mor people. The V3i can go just as deep as the E-Trac and is a better relic machine by far. I looked at both for almost 3 months before I decided on the V3i. Better costumer service better warranty, and I hunt relics.

Since you are tech savvy, that will be a really big plus if getting a top end detector. Think any top end Fisher (F-75 LTD), White (V3i), Teknetic (T-2 SE) or Minelab (Etrac) would do the job for you, just have the patience to really learn your machine. Suspect that you are going to quite surprised at just how thorough those previous detectorists really were, even when using lesser machines. At least that is what I've run into time and time again...

i was told a v3i was a xlt with a color screen

Well someone lied to you lol The XLT only operates on one frequency the 6.5kHz. While the V3i can operate on 3 frequencies (2.5,7.5 and 22.5 kHz) at once giving the user a wide range of targets. The Etrac can only operate on one frequency at a time as well... so really I think the E-Trac and the XLT have more in common. Really it all comes down to prefrence if you are hunting coins both machines are about level in that area but as for the relic program the V3i cant be beat. If you want something that is easy to learn and user friendly then go with the E-trac cause I will admit the V3i took some time to learn and it was very intimidating out of the box.

Back
Top Bottom