What's better than 8 Morgan Dollars.......THIS

Safari Scott

Elite Member
So I went out hunting today to a few different spots. Started out slow alot of trash......about an hour in I got a nice coin signal with the safari dug a couple inches down and there was an Indian Head.......Rechecked the hole and there was another. Looked at the date on the first 1890.........The second one completely shocked me it said 1877. I couldn't believe it, I thought I'd have a tough time beating last tuesdays hunt (Guess I was wrong) Continued on and pulled my first V nickel 191? pretty beat up. Good a few other odds and ends and three buttons.

Attachments

• 1877 indian.jpg
    1877 indian.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 1,986
  • 315 stuff.jpg
    315 stuff.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 2,676
Sweeeeeeet! Congrats.....2 IH's in the same hole? Not to mention the "slightly" key date 1877.....that is worth $800, $900, $1,000 perhaps??? :shock:

you probably know this

You probably know this already , but that is a key date.In g4 condition in the red book that goes for 900.00. Congrats , thats one heck of a find.

Wow!

Incredibly nice find! I hope to find something even remotely similar, this year.

I'll scan it tommorrow and repost, I took the pic with my phone which doesn't have the best resolution. I was so excited I just wanted to get it posted.

Great find Congrats!

Looks like the Indian Head is in pretty good shape and if you take into condieration it is 134 yrs old AND has been in dirt for some portion of that, probably a great portion of that..Awsome find.

Back
Top Bottom