Charge your batteries in minutes

floridabill

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
My problem was with the Excalibur ll and it's battery system. It takes like 17 hours to fully charge the battery on it. There is nothing to show that it is in fact charging or that it has finished and is charged. How many of you have gotten to the beach an turned your machine on to find out its DEAD !!!

So here we go. I made this up after my hunting partner Pete (Erikk) showed me how to do it. I found a used one on ebay so that brought the price down on the GWS. The power supply I couldn't find so had to buy that new, but I am more than impressed.

You plug it in set the needle to 1 can go higher but I found no need to and in 15 minutes (YES) it is fully charged, And what I like is a red light is on showing that it is charging and then a green light comes on when its done.

This can be used on other systems also. I am in the process of hooking it up so I can re charge my rechargeable AA batteries for my beachhunter300 , all you need is one of those radio shack $2.00 AA plastic holder and charge away.

So you could forget to charge your machine the night before and think ,I cant go hunting today, no fear plug it in for 15 minutes and you are on your way.

I mounted mine on a board and used some goop to fasten it but thats not necessary.

Hope this helps everyone.........

IMG_3338.jpg

IMG_3341.jpg

IMG_3339.jpg

IMG_3345.jpg

Is fast charging bad for the batteries?:?:

not being a expert on the subject I would say no?

All I know Pete has been using his for over a year and charges his battery daily with no effects......
Fast
Fast chargers make use of control circuitry in the batteries being charged to rapidly charge the batteries without damaging the cells' elements. Most such chargers have a cooling fan to help keep the temperature of the cells under control. Most are also capable of acting as standard overnight chargers if used with standard NiMH cells that do not have the special control circuitry. Some fast chargers, such as those made by Energizer, can fast-charge any NiMH battery even if it does not have the control circuit

Speaking in gross generalities based on experience with various battery chemistries, the slower you charge them the greater cycles you get out of them. Some chemistries deal better with deep discharge. NiCads are probably the most notable but these have fallen out of favour in recent years.

All I know is I would rather charge this ex cal battery for 20 minutes, know it charged than to attempt to charge it for 17 hours wondering if and when it is charged.

Like I said Pete has been doing this for over a year with all three ex cal's he owns and has had no battery issues. If I even got a year out of them I am a happy man, batteries are cheap....

I am not selling these, I am just offering a solution to a PIA problem with some batteries :grin::grin:

Back
Top Bottom