A dollar!...Another first for me!

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
It finally started to cool down a little yesterday...High 80's instead of high 90's, but the days are getting shorter, too.
I decided to go to a little park near me with the F2. I am still learning on this nice little unit...it even still has the new detector smell!
This park has all kinds of areas to hunt, tot lots, ball fields, picnic areas,a small fishing lake, and I have been slowly and methodically searching small parts of each area every time I come here.
I didn't have much light left, so I started at the lot where I parked and just started to roam around a few areas I have not covered looking for one good signal.
If I find one, I will note this spot for a more thorough search later.
Found a penny first off, so my hunt was successful already.
Then I proceeded to clean the park of all the trash for the next hour.
Still learning, so every signal was analyzed every which way but Sunday before I dug.
Still loving this power-packed little F2!
It was getting dark, so I started back to my truck and I wasn't super happy I had only found a penny, but I learned some things about my machine and the weather was beautiful, so I was satisfied.
The last place I passed was a little tot lot with lots of fake grass,(hate this stuff!), and some wood chips just around the equipment.
This would be my last few swings.
I scanned close to the end of a slide and a very loud and high tone practically screamed out from my detector, and high numbers came up on the screen, an 82 on the VDI and quarter flashed on the display.
I figured it would be right on top, so I bent down with my Pro-pointer and on the surface, just under the wood chips was a token, or so I initially thought.
Then I started to think this wouldn't register numbers and tones so high if it was, so I rubbed it to get some of the dirt off.
It was getting dark and hard to see, but I looked for that tell-tale cheesy Chucky Cheese mouse... but it wasn't there!
Something else....
I rubbed and stared a little closer and then I saw her...Sacigu...Sakoja...Sckoj.......Indian chick with the rug rat on her back!

Another first!

So what if it is another coin that nobody wants to use, and if you showed it to any worker at a fast food joint they probably wouldn't even recognize it.

I still found a freakin' dollar!
Another nice find to add to the growing collection.

HH Y'all!

Attachments

• IMG_1193[1].jpg
    IMG_1193[1].jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 2,886
  • IMG_1197[1].jpg
    IMG_1197[1].jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 2,701
Very nice .... the Sacagawea dollar is the best looking modern coin minted... all the others are commercialized (statehood quarters) or dead presidents... lousy art. HH RickO

Are the Sacs worth collecting?? I see them a lot dispensed from the bill changer at work...

I collect all I can, most of the time from small holes I have dug in the ground...then I clean them up and trade them with merchants for all kinds of goods and services.

Actually I have found several these since then, a couple of presidential dollar coins too.
I still save them up and try to mess with the heads of the young kids at some fast food restaurants.
Doesn't happen often, but once in awhile you get a kid that looks at this coin and then looks at you with that deer in the headlights stare.

Man this resurrected thread brings me back, I remember the day and this coin find very well.
4.5 years and a move to another state later and I could still take you back to that same park and show you the exact spot where I found this thing almost to the square inch.
I can't remember my name, sometimes, but I can remember the location of almost every small piece of dirt of every important find I have ever had including most of my firsts.
This hobby is strange in that way.

This was only 9 days after I got the F2 and still didn't have a clue on how well it worked, how good I would get using it or an inkling about what I would eventually find with it or all the great fun and adventures we would have together over the next few years.
Ahhh...memories, memories.

Cool find! I found my first one this year a week after I found my first Susie b coin which I thought was a game token at first since I found a couple near by

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

Hi Digger,

Remember your story of trying to give the guy the ring that you found back? That was a classic.

I haven't hunted much anymore but maybe this coming weekend on Long Island

I've found about 15 One Dollar coins. 6 Sacajawea. Washington State give them as change on the state ferries out here. They are fun to find. Only worth a buck but you can use them anywhere, just like the Susan B Anthonys.

I like them b/c its the same amount as digging 100 pennies. Plus, they come out of the ground with a nice ring on my F5. I have found a few of them all in playgrounds or near a school soccer field.

I seem to find these every once and a while , the one's I don't find are the president's dollar coins must not have caught on ,I wish we had more dollar coins in circulation ,clad count would add up quicker:gettinmoney:

Hi Guys,

I was at the local school this morning and I found one, it came up as an 85 on my Fisher F5.

I hit two playgrounds before work this morning and found almost 5 dollars. Plus, the weather was perfect.

Cool! I love the Sacagawea designs. :D

My first (and only) dollar coin thus far was found last year with the Ace 350. One of the presidential series featuring Ulysses Grant. Found my first (and only) half-dollar coin this year at the same school: a Kennedy half (not very old and in poor shape but hey a half-dollar!).

Nice job Gabby, half dollars are hard finds. people don't really carry them around in the past, present or future. They don't fit into the machines so finding one is always rare. I have found 1 in 4 years

Back
Top Bottom