My Compadre came in.....

sllingshot47

Elite Member
Love this detector! Tested it at home and set the disc where the paperclips just went out and took her out. Almost went to the city park but had a school with lots of iron ore and wanted to see what I could do with this setting. Turns out not quiet enough disc., as I found a piece of iron ore rock. Set it to where it just blipped on these and things got better. After a while I got used to the sounds and found a quarter that was pretty heavy with the patina and some zincers. An apple charm came through with soft smooth sound. Found several tabs that were almost deterioriated, and small foil came soft and smooth-letting me know that the small gold rings were gonna be found. Was impressed with the depth on nickel-gold objects-almost 2" deeper than a quarter! It may not be as deep as my Silver umax, but the clarity in signals makes up for the difference. Tomorrow, out of town to my favorite schools in hopes for a gold ring. Gonna use this one until it pays for itself!:cool:

Love this detector! Tested it at home and set the disc where the paperclips just went out and took her out. Almost went to the city park but had a school with lots of iron ore and wanted to see what I could do with this setting. Turns out not quiet enough disc., as I found a piece of iron ore rock. Set it to where it just blipped on these and things got better. After a while I got used to the sounds and found a quarter that was pretty heavy with the patina and some zincers. An apple charm came through with soft smooth sound. Found several tabs that were almost deterioriated, and small foil came soft and smooth-letting me know that the small gold rings were gonna be found. Was impressed with the depth on nickel-gold objects-almost 2" deeper than a quarter! It may not be as deep as my Silver umax, but the clarity in signals makes up for the difference. Tomorrow, out of town to my favorite schools in hopes for a gold ring. Gonna use this one until it pays for itself!:cool:

Probably the best starter detector made. You won't outgrow it. Funny you noticed the depth on nickels compared to quarters. I just noticed the same thing playing with a Cibola and doing air tests. The nickel detected about 1.5" farther out than the clad quarter. This is not usual with most brands.

OT

Actually, the first thing I noticed about the nickel/tab area was my gold wedding band! I was just checking it out of the box, and then reached in my pocket for a quarter. Today I used it in the "severe heat alert" here in East Texas and went thru 2 quarts of Powerade. Found a small gold pendant off a necklace and can tell you that whenever I come across a small gold ring, it's gonna be a clear signal! The nickels were abundant, and had heavy patina on them since other detectors had missed them-as well as many coins in the 3--4" range. I think this thing is awesome for the problem of target masking! Now the deeper coins are not loud, but they are smooth and have a little longer signal than a pencil ferrule. At this setting, just above iron nail reject, this thing is unbelievable.

Actually, the first thing I noticed about the nickel/tab area was my gold wedding band! I was just checking it out of the box, and then reached in my pocket for a quarter. Today I used it in the "severe heat alert" here in East Texas and went thru 2 quarts of Powerade. Found a small gold pendant off a necklace and can tell you that whenever I come across a small gold ring, it's gonna be a clear signal! The nickels were abundant, and had heavy patina on them since other detectors had missed them-as well as many coins in the 3--4" range. I think this thing is awesome for the problem of target masking! Now the deeper coins are not loud, but they are smooth and have a little longer signal than a pencil ferrule. At this setting, just above iron nail reject, this thing is unbelievable.

I always figure when I'm finding a lot of nickels that some other operator has come through using high discrimination. Funny you would think the same thing..

OT

Back
Top Bottom