Presidential Dollars

new jersey andy

Elite Member
Hi,

Over the weekend I was selling at a flea market and this man from a different country wants to buy a dollar item and he hands me a Sacawajea dollar coin. I told him I was a coin collector and how much I liked it and he said " hey I got two more you want them?'' So I said sure and he picked out a two dollar item and handed me the coins and at first I didn't realize that they were Presidential dollar coins until I looked closer :lol:. He said he tryed using them at other tables but no one wanted them :lol:. This is the first time I ever got something like this before at a sale besides a 50 cent piece a few years ago but it wasn't silver :mad:.

Thanks for looking, HH Andy

IMG_2753.jpg
[/IMG]

I use these alot at yardsales, alot of people think they are cool. I bought some things at a gas station with them, no troubles. They are legal tender, so I dont see why someone would not want them.

The car wash gives them out as change :(... then i have a heavy pocket full of dollars. At least they aren't as big as the old Ike's!

The soda machine at my work just started giving them as change. It also accepts $20 bills, so now I can buy a soda and get 19 dollar coins back. Usually a mix of Sacs and Presidential but I did get a Susan b Anthony the other week. Remember those? The new ones are nice. got a cupfull at home. Cool way to save money, if you can. I save them for unexpected bills.

DS

I usually always see a few (presidential) in a Walgreen's till, other than that really don't notice them while eying open tills ;)

If you want to have some fun, put some half dollars back in circulation. Man, those things can really confuse the clerks :lol:

I usually always see a few (presidential) in a Walgreen's till, other than that really don't notice them while eying open tills ;)

If you want to have some fun, put some half dollars back in circulation. Man, those things can really confuse the clerks :lol:

Was thinking of doing that. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom