what Bounty Hunter is this? Radio shack

Omg

OOPS. Duh I will try.

Attachments

• radio shack.jpg
    radio shack.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 949
I just spent the last 15 minutes trying to find it. I never realized BH made so many different designs.

Anyway, if it works you probably got a good deal.

Badger

Well worth $10! Any detector that works is worth that let alone one with a screen. You could get $75 out of it easy.

Same here

I gave up on used. Bought the fisher f2. Then I find a like new Whites XLT
for $330. on craigslist :no: Too late:
I bought the Radio Shack/ bounty hunter 2000 for grandchildren to hunt with me.

P.S.
If it had been available I wudda tried the MP3.

my dad has a radio shack that looks like a bounty hunter 505. The only difference is that it has an extra knob. it is a volume control in the lower right corner of the display. The thing actually works really well. He has found a boat load of stuff with it and I used it for a day and liked it.

my dad has a radio shack that looks like a bounty hunter 505. The only difference is that it has an extra knob. it is a volume control in the lower right corner of the display. The thing actually works really well. He has found a boat load of stuff with it and I used it for a day and liked it.

Good post and point.

A lot of this hobby is psychological in nature. If in the mind one has the best then it is the best. If it's the worst then it's the worst.

I started an awful fuss years ago on another forum with this subject. But I still hold to my thesis on this. This hobby is mostly a mental game.

I firmly believe that if one took a good Chinese unit (hard to find), put it into a quality package, put "Whites" or "Minelab" or "Garrett" or "Tesoro" on it, it would be loved by many who hate anything but brand names.

Bounty Hunter turns some people right off even if they never owned one. If given one they wouldn't like it no matter what because the mind has rejected it. If they were given this same machine disguised as a Tesoro (whatever) they may well love it.

Over the years I've rejected the brand game and focused on what a machine can do and the name means nothing to me. It just so happens that I do prefer a name brand but that's only because it does the job.

If I found a 100% Chinese or BH (or whatever) unit that did a better job I'd change in a John Wayne minute.

I would like to ad that I mostly use my Ace 250 because of its simplicity and it goes about an inch deeper than my b h. But to be honest, i think my bounty hunter is more accurate at identifying coins AND IT IS SOOOOOO LIGHT and a dream to swing. Like Badger said, If you believe in your machine and get out there and hunt, your are gonna have success.

As said before it's a QuickDraw II. I had one for many years and my Dad has one now. In ideal conditions I could find dimes at 6" and quarters at 8". For the money its a winner.

I hunted with a Landstar...a couple models up from this one and was very happy with it. It will pay for itself in a couple outings and it will be easy for your grandchildren to use...you got a great deal.

I have the BH Pioneer 202 which is the same detector. It is not a bad detector. I have found several good finds with it. Of course their are a lot better detectors out there

Back
Top Bottom