CleanSweep Coil by Tesoro

Diggler

Forum Supporter
I felt like I needed to post this for people that have never used the CleanSweep coil. People that have used it please chime in. I have had the CleanSweep coil since right after it came out. It has become my most used, and most lucrative coil. It is the easiest coil to pinpoint with, about the same as the 4" coil, but covers HUGE ground. The depth is uniform from heel to toe and will hit a dime at 6". It feels weird for me to use a round coil now, and only do so when depth is important. The ground around my area is pretty hard and I like popping out more targets as opposed to deeper targets. I use almost every every size coil made for my detectors, but if I could only keep one coil this would be it. Even works good in trashy areas once you get the hang of it. I recommend anyone with a Tesoro try one. If you don't like it the resale is high. But there is a reason they are hard to find used. No one can part with it once they try it!

Hmmm... I have a Cibola with a stock coil. This is interesting information, never heard of it before. What's the diameter?

It is 3" wide and 18" long. You can mop up a very large area in record time. If you find a hot spot then you can go back with a deeper coil. I have thought often about how a Cibola with a CleanSweep would be the ultimate combo for cherry picking.

Here in the land of minerals known as the Rockys the line hunting coils work best. That's why I bought a Cleansweep for my Tesoro Vaquero. I can say I like it. I also have an elusive Bigfoot for my DFX but use the Cleansweep in competition and planted hunts. I use it in parks and schools when it isn't too trashy and when my arm gets tired from swinging my heaver DFX. Turn up the Disc. and like Digger says it becomes a real Cherry Picking machine. Anybody else? Great Post

Clean Sweep Coil

The Clean Sweep Coil is excellent on the Tesoro"Vaquero", especially on mowed lawns and beaches. Pinpointing is quick once you get the hang of it..My "V" has been modded with a ten turn pot replacing the standard 3 1/ 2 turn ground balance pot. I am certain that being able to really fine tune the GB gives an added advantage..Looking at the Garrett pinpointer, I think that a combination of the Clean Sweep and the Pro pointer would be about as good as peanut butter and Jelly. The CS is great for old school yards and tot lots..In the latter, I've found the local Tot lot cleaner misses deeper coins and the CS gets them. Searching time is less than half that with a stock 8 by 9 Vaquero coil. Cordially Nad... Thinking I'll get up some silver rounds on the classified and go for a Garrett....:)

Diggler,
Have you ever had any trouble with your Cleansweep? I just picked one up for my Tesoro Sand Shark PI detector and it will only detect a coin at 2-3 inches...it will pick up my aluminum sand scoop above the coil at 2-3 feet...and it's constantly going crazy on the tones even when I'm swinging it slow...I'm thinking maybe this coil is messed up? Anybody have any thoughts on it?
I was hoping that since it was for a PI detector it would go at least 6 inches for coin sized targets...

I guess the Shark works fine with other coils? Not a connection issue is it? Yah you should get a little more depth than that, and you would think PI would help too. It is a very quiet coil for me with very little if any falsing. No sand between the coil and cover? Guess you could send it in for testing... :?:

Thanks Diggler, I think that is what what I'll do. (send it back for repair). Just as an intresting side note I did manage to find about 20 coins with that cleansweep even with it falsing like crazy and only detecting down an inch or two. I guess that is a good thing because I was ready to throw it into the sea...he he he

Diggler - If I ever end up getting a Tesoro, and I probably will, the first thing I will buy after the detector will be a clean seep coil. The ability to use a clean sweep coil is one of the things that has always attracted me to Tesoros. I just can't see anything better to cover a beach.

I've used a Clean Sweep on several Tesoro's. It is great for coverage and depth isn't great, but not bad either. What I don't like about it is balance. I've tried mounting it backwards and while it is a little better that way, it still wears me out.

Still, nothing better for covering a lot of ground quick. I've got modded Golden (ground balance) and I can even use it in salt water. Of course we don't have mineralization here on the Gulf Coast that other people have to contend with.

I use the CSC on my Sand Shark and its turning into my favorite coil. I really like how easy it is to pinpoint exactly where the target is (a big help in the water). It is a little less stable than the stock coil and gives up depth and sensitivity to the stock coil, but it sounds off fine on gold rings. I love it for Monday morning hunting.;)

I did have a problem with the 1st CSC, having a leak right out of the box. Tesoro came through and got me back in business. :waytogo:

I did hear a rumor that Tesoro wont be making the CSC coil for the water machines anymore so if you see a deal on one.....

Here in the land of minerals known as the Rockys the line hunting coils work best. That's why I bought a Cleansweep for my Tesoro Vaquero. I can say I like it. I also have an elusive Bigfoot for my DFX but use the Cleansweep in competition and planted hunts. I use it in parks and schools when it isn't too trashy and when my arm gets tired from swinging my heaver DFX. Turn up the Disc. and like Digger says it becomes a real Cherry Picking machine. Anybody else? Great Post

I saw your thread and noticed that you have a Bigfoot for an MX. Are you interested in selling it? If not, can you tell me if the Cleansweep will work on a Whites unit. - Thanks

CleanSweep will not work on a Whites. If you do find a Bigfoot it is going to be expensive, and trickier to use than the CleanSweep. You could probably get a new CSC and a new Silver uMax for cheaper than a Bigfoot (if you could find one...).

Also interested in the clean sweep, thanks Diggler for posting this.

Just checked on it and see it is "For use with the Tesoro Cibola, Lobo, Tejon, and Vaquero Metal Detectors " and includes the Coil Cover and Lower Pole.

Maybe one will show up in the Classifieds. One can only hope. :?:

HH

Wayne

CleanSweep will not work on a Whites. If you do find a Bigfoot it is going to be expensive, and trickier to use than the CleanSweep. You could probably get a new CSC and a new Silver uMax for cheaper than a Bigfoot (if you could find one...).

The Big Foot coils for the Whites are a breeze to use, very easy in fact. Also, they are very light weight. They pinpoint better than any coil I have ever used. A nice feature is that IF you sweep across a target on the front half,(the forward 9"s )you will receive a single tone, conversely, you get two signals from the rearward 9"s of the same coil. The tip of the coil is the pin point Hot Spot but the directions say to line the coil up and activate the PP mode and slide the coil forward. The tone will (and does) stop directly over the target which will be dead center of the coil, just under the coil/rod attachment point! This is the #1 coil that we use on the MXT! Good luck finding one. I have seen them sell for $300.00, if and when one can find them! HH..... Jan

Back
Top Bottom