Sometimes the answer is NO!!! (Long story)

Lowjiber

Forum Supporter
So I'm sitting around the local MD shop yesterday with the rest of the liars and this guy (Troy) comes in to return a rented Ace 250. The dealer asks him if he found his ring. He said he searched for it, but "it's gone forever".

Seems as though he was driving down the freeway and saw a stray kitten cross the road and run up into the bushes. Being a typical California softhearted fool, he stops his car and went up the hill to "save the poor thing.":lol: When he reaches in the heavy brush to retrieve the "kitten", it bit him badly and he began to bleed profusely.:lol:

He tried to shake the blood off his left hand while holding the "kitten" by the tail with his right and his new wedding ring "went flying".:lol: Returning home with his hand bandaged, he didn't tell his wife about the ring for fear she would think he was an idiot (his words). Anyhooo...he sneaks out; rents a metal detector; and tries to find it...without success.:lol:

By now, I'm rolling on the couch laughing. I told him, "Me and Warren (another MD liar) here will find it for you." Told him to meet us at the shop at ten o'clock today, because he was gonna drive in case the CHIPs decided to give us a ticket for parking on the freeway...he agreed.:roll:

Off we go this morning...Warren with a DFX and me with a MXT and a brand new 6x9 DD coil. Now the picture of the place looks pretty tame...it's not.:roll: The junk-filled hillside is rocky and is about a 30 degree slope of gravel, brambles, and bushes.

We hit it hard while I had Troy doing "visuals" down by the guard rails, etc. After about an hour, I declared a "smoke break" for Warren & myself. Troy comes up and says, "Well, we've searched for about an hour. Ready to go back?"

I calmly looked him in the eye and said, "To you, it's a ring. To me and Warren here, it's braggin rights. NO, we're not going back to that shop full of old salts without that ring on your finger...we'll never hear the end of it.":lol::lol:

Ten minutes after smoke break, I get a solid +29 while lying on my belly to stick the coil under a bush. I had Troy pull up the bush while I crawled back with the SunRay. Under the dead brush "needles" (about an inch) was his ring...on edge. I though he was gonna cry.:roll:

Anyway, sometimes you just gotta say NO!!! He was "searchin". We wanted to do some "findin". Pics are below...

(You can see the slope of the hill behind Troy in the first picture.)

Troy with ring 1.jpg Troy with ring 2.jpg

Ring Map2.JPG

Last edited:
Very cool story. Glad you found it for the guy and got some entertainment out of the deal. :lol:

Nice story John... one thing though... he should get himself checked out because some of the wild cats around here are infected with the rabies virus... personally I wouldn't have stopped for a cat a puppy maybe but not a cat ;)

Great story, glad you were able to find it. That guy needs to learn some patience. :lol:

great job!

Wow! :wow: Great job Lowjiber! .:yes:.. Bragging rights or not.. I probably would of given up on it myself! :roll:
Dusty Eagle

Great story John.You both are two heck of nice guys to go and help this poor soul out . Sorry we are no closer would give you the secret hand shake:lol:

Great story Lowjiber...and congrats on finding the ring. Sounds like it was in a tough spot.

Good job, I am glad you were able to locate it for him!!

"When he reaches in the heavy brush to retrieve the "kitten", it bit him badly and he began to bleed profusely."

I don't know, I wasn't really laughing at that point....

John, that's a really cool story. Thanks for sharing it...
And I like the "not going back to those old salts without that ring" ...
You're absolutely right. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom