Dad and son hunt

chackadaux

Took my 75year old dad out detecting today. He picked the spot. I gave him 5 flags and told him to mark 5 targets and I’ll dig them.
He was like a little kid anxious to go. He’s been waiting to go again since I started hunting. Well the area we went to is the same old school he use to hunt back in the day. The same school he found lots of silver, back in the 80s. I’ve been telling him I believe most of the silver has been pulled. It’s been detected so much and hard be lots of people like him back in the day. Be he believes my legend must be on the wrong setting that I’m not finding silver. So he wanted to take his old bounty hunter red Barron, he was going to find silver.
Well he found 4 targets after swinging for 40min. I brought him a chair had him sit down. I asked him what the targets were he said they all sound like silver. I was like, ok. So I grabbed the first flag and checked it with my legend. 55-54 but sounded crappy. Dug it up a huge piece of lawnmower blade, iron. I gave it to him and he asked me to check the hole again nothing.
Checked the second flag. 55-56 sound like !!!! again. Dug it out another piece of lawnmower blade not far from the other one.
Moved to the third, I noticed it was a hole I dug a few months back. It was a huge deep piece of iron. But I could not get it out.
Moved to the last target. Pulled the flag. It was sounding completely like iron, no falsing. Dug it up, told him you found a 50 cent piece. He said you kidding me. I told him yeah and if it didn’t have a huge hole in the middle it could have been a dollar coin. It was a rusty big iron washer. [emoji23]. He had to leave but really enjoyed his time. We are definitely gonna do it again.
But I ended my day with a buffalo nickel, can’t see the date. 2 Jefferson nickels 1948, 1978. And a memorial penny. 1982. And some relics. And a lot of trash. But now he sees that school has been hunted hard. I’m sure theirs silver there, but I’m gonna have to work hard to find it thru the trash. But has a good day, enjoyed seeing my dad happy having a good time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RwP
Glad you had a fun time getting out, and detecting with your dad. Making memories with family makes this an even more enjoyable hobby. :yes:

It's great that you & your dad were able to devote some time to one another, persuing a hobby you both enjoy. Memories like these are ones you'll both treasure!

Although, that would be some disappointment about the 50-cent piece... I do hope he has recovered from it! Hopefully he'll get his coil over some silver soon. :grin:

Back
Top Bottom