Big old brooch and pocket watch kind of day

EmuDetector

Forum Supporter
Went with the gf out to a new set of old homes. We found tons of shattered bottles and mason jar lids. Everything was dated around the 1930s, which matched the aerials I had from 1937. The debris field is huge, but we squeaked out some keepers....or really she got the best finds :laughing:

First hit for her was this nice old brooch. It looks silver plated, no makers marks. But with my loop I can see a nice plating on the edge. It's not thin like a foil and scrubbing with a brass brush didn't phase it either. Any input would be nice.

Then she pulls off a pocket watch case from "White Star Lines" which cleaned up ok too. I found the massive strap buckle (still with leather) and glass bottle too.

Check it out, thanks for looking!

A very nice all around relic hunt there. The brooch and the pocket watch case are real keepers!

Thanks all! Can't wait to head back there. But we have a return to a better site coming up next!

The markings in the pocket watch look like the Titanic white star line flag. Nice finds

Well done on the White Star pocket watch case - there is something that could have an interesting story to tell. Those are the types of finds I love.

Thanks guys! Too bad we won't know the stories, but we'll keep hitting the spot and see what else happens.

Nice!
Love the brooch. The pocket watch case was probably a promotional gift from White Star Lines.
Cool.

That brooch is nice and ornate, like the bottle too. Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom