A Nice Hunt for December 12th!

Mountain Pirate

December 12th treasure hunting finds: A nice 2 1/2 hours at my favorite local park... the flashy ring was my first "brilliant" find...but the BEST "brilliant" find was a Swarovski Crystal Butterfly mini-pendant. It's in excellent condition and retails for about $50 (with a neck cord). So this one will be a keeper!

The dangle earring is NOT silver, but the ball earring is stamped .925 - so will go into my silver stash to eventually be melted into an ingot.
What seems to be a metal guitar pick is a puzzler - as I'd never seen (or owned) a pick made from metal...as you can see in the picture, it's been stamped "No. 16"...

Lastly - the black witch pendant is no doubt a recent lost item - and the "pinky-swear" pendant - while ugly - is still an interesting find.
Oh, yes - exactly $2.00 in coin of the realm!

Attachments

• 12.12.21 Finds.jpg
    12.12.21 Finds.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 277
  • 12.12.21 Ring Bling.jpg
    12.12.21 Ring Bling.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 257
  • Swarovski Butterfly Front.jpg
    Swarovski Butterfly Front.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 260
  • Swarovski Butterfly Back.jpg
    Swarovski Butterfly Back.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 267
  • 12.12.21 Metal Guitar Pick.jpg
    12.12.21 Metal Guitar Pick.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 281
  • 12.12.21 Silver Ball Earring.jpg
    12.12.21 Silver Ball Earring.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 289
  • 12.12.21 Pinky Swear Pendant.jpg
    12.12.21 Pinky Swear Pendant.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 280
Congratulations on a great hunt. I really like the butterfly. It's great that you found some silver also.

Doug

Congrats on a great hunt! I've pounded parks a lot this year, and only found like 2-3 junk pieces of jewelry. Maybe I need to try parks in better neighborhoods - lol.

Congrats on a great hunt! I've pounded parks a lot this year, and only found like 2-3 junk pieces of jewelry. Maybe I need to try parks in better neighborhoods - lol.

Thanks, Grey! This is a relatively small park...but well maintained and used by a lot of folks...so always something to find! (I'm looking forward to hunting right after the 2 or 3 winter festivals coming up this month!

Excellent hunt, MP! That guitar pick is pretty cool and I wonder how much age it has behind it. And I learned something new…I played a pretty mean electric guitar in my teens and early twenties, but the only thing I really thought about with picks was thickness and shape. I never considered how different materials might change the overall sound. Anyways, I found a website that has audio recordings comparing different pick materials while playing the same riff:

https://theproaudiofiles.com/guitar-picks-audio-examples/

Great hunting and thanks for sharing!

Excellent hunt, MP! That guitar pick is pretty cool and I wonder how much age it has behind it. And I learned something new…I played a pretty mean electric guitar in my teens and early twenties, but the only thing I really thought about with picks was thickness and shape. I never considered how different materials might change the overall sound. Anyways, I found a website that has audio recordings comparing different pick materials while playing the same riff:

https://theproaudiofiles.com/guitar-picks-audio-examples/

Great hunting and thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the link...going to check it out now!

Back
Top Bottom