2 Hunts 2 Machines 2 Locations 2 Days!

Pennyfinder

Elite Member
Garrett ATPRO VS Tesoro Compadre!

Yesterday I took the Garrett ATPRO to one of my school locations. The finds from that hunt are on the left. It was a two-hour hunt.

2 quarters, 2 nickels, 2 pennies and one broken necklace. The word BLESSED is on the necklace. It is not precious metal. And there was a whole pile of trash. I was beginning to think it was trash pick-up day but at least it'll keep me from digging it again!

Today I took the Tesoro Compadre to another school location and I'm sure you can guess where since I have some zipper pulls!šŸ˜ This was also about a 2 or two and a half hour hunt. This hunt is pictured on the right! This hunt also had its share of trash but not as much.

6 quarters, 7 dimes, 3 nickels, 6 pennies, 3 zipper pulls, three rings (none precious metal), and a piece of metal with the word PENSHOPPE on it. There were two coin spills on this hunt -- one had 4 dimes, 2 nickels and 1 penny. The second spill had 1 quarter and 1 penny.

One of the rings is an adjustable ring with a heart on it. It came apart before I got home. I got another one of those mood rings but this one will never change colors again. They never do after being in the ground. The third and final ring is some unknown metal. It is not steel that I know of because it is not magnetic. It is the prettiest of the 3. It has elephants on it each holding the others tails. The detector found this ring but it was on top of the ground. It is too big for my ring finger and too small for either my pointer finger or the middle finger unfortunately! :( So I can't wear it unless I put it on a chain.

All in all both hunts were good at least I was able to get out. The storms are coming in late tonight or maybe not until tomorrow sometime with a chance of tornadoes so I guess I won't be going out again until after the New Year!

Thanks For Looking! Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

HAPPY NEW YEAR! :party::stars:

Attachments

• IMG_20201230_183030.jpg
    IMG_20201230_183030.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_20201230_175222.jpg
    IMG_20201230_175222.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_20201230_175347.jpg
    IMG_20201230_175347.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Which detector was more comfortable ? More fun?

The Compadre is much lighter. I can last longer hunting with it than I can the AT Pro. I do use the 5x8 coil all the time with the AT Pro. That makes it a little bit lighter but it's still not as light as the Compadre. It depends on where I am detecting which unit I use. If I need to distinguish what the targets are because of high trash in the area I will use the AT Pro. Of course it doesn't always tell me the truth. If I'm specifically coin hunting I'll go with the Compadre every time. It has a specific sound that tells me 90% of the time it's a coin that I'm going to dig. It is strictly a beep and dig unit but when it goes over a coin the tone seems to change to a morse code type sound.

I think I have more fun with the Compadre! But I do like the AT Pro for the ability to have various tones for various metals.

Last edited:
The Compadre is much lighter. I can last longer hunting with it than I can the AT Pro. I do use the 5x8 coil all the time with the AT Pro. That makes it a little bit lighter but it's still not as light as the Compadre. It depends on where I am detecting which unit I use. If I need to distinguish what the targets are because of high trash in the area I will use the AT Pro. Of course it doesn't always tell me the truth. If I'm specifically coin hunting I'll go with the Compadre every time. It has a specific sound that tells me 90% of the time it's a coin that I'm going to dig. It is strictly a beep and dig unit but when it goes over a coin the tone seems to change to a morse code type sound.

I think I have more fun with the Compadre! But I do like the AT Pro for the ability to have various tones for various metals.

Yep, KT is also very fond of His Tesoro Compadre. KT liked to hunt a site with the BH Tracker IV and if no signals would go back over with the Compadre set wide open...then when a signal came in KT would turn the discrimation up to eliminate iron, if it still beeped then moved it to coin range. Definitely got dug if it still beeped! The Tracker was a coin genie to 4 inches but gave no indication if the coin was deeper than 4 inches. In fact no metal at all below 4 inches...but the Compadre will hit 8 inches deep, found two gold rings using it at 8 inches depth. Never had enough experience to get used to the AT Pro, but in one grassy 50 x 50' lot in front of a school, KT pulled over 80 coins with it, and the tracker and compadre were hitting so much junk that they just would not work well in this super high trash area.

Back
Top Bottom