January Beach Hunting Totals

beachclad

About 85% dry sand and 15% wet sand (I try with the ACE 300 and sometimes it works, sometimes it falses).

Dollar coins: $2
Quarters: $25
Dimes: $11.50
Nickels: $1.85
Pennies: $2.13 (1 wheat cent)
Total: $42.48

Other finds:

Junk jewelry including 1 fancy ring, 1 earring, 1 pendant, 1 dog tag, and a Coach stainless steel watch.

3 toy cars and 1 toy plane.

Modern foreign coins from the Ukraine, and a $2 Toonie.

Wildlife "VOTE" token.

2 Bullets (1 casing and 1 unused).

Several lead sinkers.

Several unrecognizable coins, including what appears to be an old token. It has a 3x3 number grid on the back and what looks like a facial profile on the front. Another could possibly be a Barber dime, but it may as well be an ancient coin. I can barely make out any details.

Jan-2020-finds.jpg

And finally,

The zincolns. Lots of them.

Plus a Trump token that's worthless.

Jan-2020-finds-2.jpg

That's not bad at all....Sent those pennies to Felix...

Not bad for an Ace.đź‘Ť

My opinion is that the 300 is an excellent coin detector, which is what it was designed for apparently.

When it rings 77-82, it seems like 100% of the time it's a penny. In the 83-86 range, 99% of the time it's a dime, with the occasional 1% beer can buried deep in the sand or a fresh copper penny that rings higher than normal. 87-90, 99.9% of the time it's a quarter. Same for nickels in the 45 range.

It can ID coins with ~100% accuracy. With everything else, it has serious limitations on the saltwater beach.

I've had to notch out 37-39 signals because falsing happens frequently at this level and it drives me insane. A lot of mysterious high 30's readings that happen only once, and when I pass the coil over again, it vanishes.

I dig all solid mid-tones hoping for gold, but it's always junk.

My opinion is that the 300 is an excellent coin detector, which is what it was designed for apparently.

When it rings 77-82, it seems like 100% of the time it's a penny. In the 83-86 range, 99% of the time it's a dime, with the occasional 1% beer can buried deep in the sand or a fresh copper penny that rings higher than normal. 87-90, 99.9% of the time it's a quarter. Same for nickels in the 45 range.

It can ID coins with ~100% accuracy. With everything else, it has serious limitations on the saltwater beach.

I've had to notch out 37-39 signals because falsing happens frequently at this level and it drives me insane. A lot of mysterious high 30's readings that happen only once, and when I pass the coil over again, it vanishes.

I dig all solid mid-tones hoping for gold, but it's always junk.

I have uncovered a lot of gold with my Ace 250 in the nickel range and aluminum range.

That's a very nice amount of clad for a month! I think you may have some coppers among those Felix pennies. And methinks a lot of those are salvageable with a bit of tumbling.
That's not bad at all....Sent those pennies to Felix...
I have more than my fair share it's really Craig that needs some!:lol:

Maybe it's just bad luck in my case. I've been at it for only about 1 month so far. Let's see what happens this month.

Not really bad luck. That is just beach hunting. Yeah you may never own the wet sand without struggles. But in the dry sand you just have to get your coil over it. It took me 6 months to get my first beach gold. The more you learn beaches, the better the success though, since you can figure out easier if you need to move to another spot, switch beaches, or just go home. I got 4 gold in two days in January. The rest of the hunts were brutal:shock:

Back
Top Bottom