Noxy Update Appears to be a Winner!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Yesterday was a "Teacher Planning Day" I was able to leave work early to hit the 3:30PM low tide. I wanted a water hunt but the winds have been gusting near 30 MPH so the surf was rough. I also wanted to try out the new FE2 update on Noxy. I went to a beach that in the past that I could hunt in the water when conditions have been rough elsewhere. Not so yesterday, so I was regulated to a wet sand hunt. I had remembered that we were in King High Tides. I worked the wet sand until I found an area that a few years back had produced a gold and silver in a channel that was cut from water returning from the inner part of the beach back to the ocean during a King High Tide event. This time the cut/channel was not as deep or wide and didn’t produce. Throughout the 4 hour hunt I was digging targets. Best find was the old silver which I believe was an earring and is marked “Sterling”. I really believe the FE2 update is a winner having dug only 1 bottle cap that was deep and reading - a sketchy “13” if I recall correctly. It was so good to get out there yesterday regardless of my finds.

Attachments

• 9-30-19.jpg
    9-30-19.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 418
  • 9-30-19 Sterling.jpg
    9-30-19 Sterling.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 416
  • 9-30-19 Trash.jpg
    9-30-19 Trash.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 365
A lot of my old finds have started out as -5 and eventually ended up being gold targets.
I'm concerned that with the new upgrade that along with missing some bottle caps that I may miss out on these more desirable items!

I might have to do a bit of experimenting!]

mmmm

Thanks for letting is know Felix , i will try that mode next hunt, i dig alot of bottle caps , ? what kid of responce audio does the Nox make on bottle caps in FE2 , Earl

Thanks for letting is know Felix , i will try that mode next hunt, i dig alot of bottle caps , ? what kid of responce audio does the Nox make on bottle caps in FE2 , Earl
Earl if it made any sound worth digging I would've dug it. I really would like to see how it holds up to all the Corona bottle caps on Miami Beach. Corona, Stella Artois and a couple of others oftentimes sounded wickedly good. That's the real test for me. I really hope Meg's comment of the -5 on his deep golds doesn't mean that it would possibly cancel those.

Earl if it made any sound worth digging I would've dug it. I really would like to see how it holds up to all the Corona bottle caps on Miami Beach. Corona, Stella Artois and a couple of others oftentimes sounded wickedly good. That's the real test for me. I really hope Meg's comment of the -5 on his deep golds doesn't mean that it would possibly cancel those.

I was going to ask about Carona caps but I did air test with one and at most angles I did get an iron sound but flat cap side up was difficult but after a few swings back and forth it did trigger a iron tone. I forgot to crank the bias up to see what happens. I Will try that tomorrow. Anyone know if cranking the bias up will cause any depth loss or target loss? I am just not sure how it interacts with other features. FYI. Test were done at 6 on a nox 800.

As Meggie stated , I too have pulled a couple nice gold rings that started at -5. A few people doubted me. Most caps I get are 14-17. But a few are negative. I haven't done the update yet. Will wait till I read more posts. But am afraid of losing good targets. I will dig even "solid" negative signals.

With the MDT ive got a better picture of what bottle caps are doing....... clearly their are steel ones which hit iron for me ...... and there are new age ones that hit in the upper range non-ferr side.

Meggie .... the new F2 has a lot of flexibility for the more experienced hunter over the FE. I agree there is going to have to be some testing to see what you want to hear because there will be trade offs. Personally, id go the other way NOT eliminating the caps but amplifying them to a point i know what they are. This is a very small part of what NASA Tom says:

FE '0' = F2 '4'
But...…. this is to say:
F2 '3' would be equivalent to FE -1/4
F2 '2' would be equivalent to FE -2/4 (negative 1/2)
F2 '1' would be equivalent to FE -3/4
F2 '0' would be equivalent to FE -4/4 (negative 1)

If you want a good read on it, its on his site under MINELAB EQ OWNERS - QUESTION. This was taken from page 6 of it.

Back
Top Bottom