Nox update is out

Dew, I am one of those guys that prefers machines that "turn on & go". I'm not much for reading manuals and doctoral dissertations on using a machine. It's stupid but I really just stay with standard settings and don't tweak much. However, when I do this upgrade will it automatically impact Beach Modes 1 & 2? Or do I have to do something else deeper into the settings so that I can impact Beach Modes 1 & 2? I like the thought of digging less bottle caps with the Nox and this upgrade seems to be beneficial for that.

Interesting, thanks Dew. I wonder if there will be any difference between the 600 and the 800 on the FE2 since the Iron Bias setup is slightly different 0123 vs 0-9 for the 800.

I'm kinda of the same mindset as Felix on this one, I feel when there's too many settings to mess with that I might spend more time at the beach playing with options to "make" some targets appear vs concentrating on the beach and covering more area. :)

Hell I took the Nox out for the first time in 5 months and didn't realize till the end that I only had the sensitivity set to 16 :dash2: :D Didn't matter much since I was hunting around rock but I did miss some deeper sand for about 20 mins.

---------------- However, when I do this upgrade will it automatically impact Beach Modes 1 & 2? Or do I have to do something else deeper into the settings so that I can impact Beach Modes 1 & 2? -----------.

Edited:
It looks like you choose between using FE or F2. If left to defaults then FE is the active mode not the new F2.

Last edited:
I've got the update installed. Thanks for the link. Should I change all the modes to FE2 or just certain ones? Is there any negative to changing all modes?

Cliff

Apparently the new FE2 allows for greater tweaking of targets like bottle caps. I didn’t notice it making them disappear though. I was able to adjust it to where I got an iron tone or somewhat of a non-deer sound. I kept playing with it over iron in the water..... fe2 at 4 sounded pretty good. It doesn’t affect any of your previous setting.... anther set and for most. The manual has been changed I’m told. Maybe it will be more dramatic for dirt hunters using disc. It didn’t seem to change any of our known digits....13 nickel.... 21 penny ect.

Thanks for the heads up! Installed the new update and set it up for FE2 at a level of 4... can't wait to test it out! I'm one of the guys who avoids all penny's and trash signals :cool:

Excal users will have a few more bottle caps to dig from now on :laughing:

Apparently the new FE2 allows for greater tweaking of targets like bottle caps. I didn’t notice it making them disappear though. I was able to adjust it to where I got an iron tone or somewhat of a non-deer sound. I kept playing with it over iron in the water..... fe2 at 4 sounded pretty good. It doesn’t affect any of your previous setting.... anther set and for most. The manual has been changed I’m told. Maybe it will be more dramatic for dirt hunters using disc. It didn’t seem to change any of our known digits....13 nickel.... 21 penny ect.
I just downloaded the new manual and it has indeed been updated for the new settings.

Cliff

I'm running Windows 7 at home and I couldn't do it. It won't recognize Noxy. One of the update requirements is Windows 10. I guess I'll take it to work tomorrow and try there.

I'm running Windows 7 at home and I couldn't do it. It won't recognize Noxy. One of the update requirements is Windows 10. I guess I'll take it to work tomorrow and try there.

I'm also running Windows 7, but couldn't resist trying the update. It worked on the first try! The sequence of events...
Started the Minelab Update Utility (2.0.1)
Turned on the detector and reduced volume to 1
Attached the cable to the computer USB port
Attached the cable to the detector

The utility showed current version at 1.7.5 and new version 2.1.12 available. I selected Install. The update completed without incident. The detector now allows changing to the new F2 iron bias.

That's the good news - it's possible. The bad news is that the update utility will no longer connect to the detector. I'll experiment some more and update if I figure something out.

So apparently Minelab has a broken link. One of the update downloads doesn’t have the .exe which is needed for a proper download.

I'm also running Windows 7, but couldn't resist trying the update. It worked on the first try! The sequence of events...

The utility showed current version at 1.7.5 and new version 2.1.12 available. I selected Install. The update completed without incident. The detector now allows changing to the new F2 iron bias.

That's the good news - it's possible. The bad news is that the update utility will no longer connect to the detector. I'll experiment some more and update if I figure something out.
That didn't take long.... I shutdown and restarted the computer. Same sequence of events and the utility connected and indicated the detector is up to date with version 2.1.12. I then exited the utility and started it again. It connected to the detector again.

OK I tried using Minelab's instructions at my job and it didn't work. Used your sequence and it did - THANKS! I can't let Josh get an edge on me down here! :lol: I think your sequence would probably have worked on my home computer but now we won't know since I'm updated.

Soooo surely some of you ran right out to test it? In sure why ML shows FE and FE2 exactly the same in the manual? Testing targets in the water FE2 at 4 did seem to give me what i wanted to hear on an iron target. I also seemed to notice MORE of the surface iron had moved from the lower digits and was chattering as IRON. To me it sounded much like running FE 2 when in FE2 in 4. IB ..... may come into play with this a bit more now. I guess you have to keep in mind .... DEEP ferr targets tend to slip into the iron range .....if set right this might give us a response to those.... all we need is a peep on a deep target.

Chris....... hum, i didnt get that same reaction in beach mode. The bottle cap was still there ..... but it was MORE iron helping me ID it as a bottle cap. What was your IB and recovery? When running fe vs fe2......setting them both at 4 and jumping back and forth..... was there an obvious difference? To me fe2 at 4 sounded the same as fe set at 2. Did i read it wrong but wasnt this going to affect pull tabs too? did it?

New fun options to play with :) Everyone diving right in on this update huh :D Will try mess with it tonight, try to do some before and after comparisons.

Back
Top Bottom