My buddy brought his nox over

relichead

Banned
:shock:And now ups is bringing me mine tomoro!:D
We went over to my test garden , he had his at max and his nox with him..after poking around a little bit with both of them and i brought out my at pro too..i had only one question

HOW IS GARRETT GONNA SELL ONE MORE MACHINE?

My test garden been there about 3 yrs and what that nox did to the at max and at pro ..

It was nothing short of PATHETIC.. i think garrett has to do some serious price cutting and get away from rehashing the sos with a couple new features...or i can see a tesoro like situation with garrett

Thanks jeff at quality for a proven untouchable nox price! (Maybe i shouldve went with the at max instead...lololoool)

I just keep going back and forth in my head if the 800 is that much better for the money.. i dont do gold or oceans. But i se all these diff frequencies the 800 does and i dont have a good enough understanding of it all to know if that matters with coins,silver etc or not

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Which one did he have?

He had the 600 , he has an 800 coming in this week ..i went with the 600 cuz i dont prospect and i havent been to a salt beach but 2 times in 20 yrs...even tho i hear the 600 does well at salt beaches too..my only thought was i wish the 600 had 5khz 10khz and 20khz ...not 5 10 and 15

I just keep going back and forth in my head if the 800 is that much better for the money.. i dont do gold or oceans. But i se all these diff frequencies the 800 does and i dont have a good enough understanding of it all to know if that matters with coins,silver etc or not

They say lower frequencies are better for high silvers and coppers...so a 600 sounds like it would work for u too..thats why i didnt get the 800 ..im not gonna find nuggets in connecticut ..

They say lower frequencies are better for high silvers and coppers...so a 600 sounds like it would work for u too..thats why i didnt get the 800 ..im not gonna find nuggets in connecticut ..
Yea thats kinda what ive been thinking.. but thanks for your reply! You'll have to have him back over when he gets his 800 and see what the results are then

:shock:And now ups is bringing me mine tomoro!:D
We went over to my test garden , he had his at max and his nox with him..after poking around a little bit with both of them and i brought out my at pro too..i had only one question

HOW IS GARRETT GONNA SELL ONE MORE MACHINE?

My test garden been there about 3 yrs and what that nox did to the at max and at pro ..

It was nothing short of PATHETIC.. i think garrett has to do some serious price cutting and get away from rehashing the sos with a couple new features...or i can see a tesoro like situation with garrett

Thanks jeff at quality for a proven untouchable nox price! (Maybe i shouldve went with the at max instead...lololoool)

I seen a thread here that says that the Garrett gals in bikinis make it happen with their machines. Lets please don't let them close to the NOX machines, because we will only have the NOX machines on the market to choose from.:roll:

:laughing:

Attachments

• EQUINOX SHEEP.jpg
    EQUINOX SHEEP.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 272
I'd advise getting the 800 over the 600 regardless of what type of hunting you plan to use it for. Right now, the extra wont give you anything, but theres SO many smart detectorists out there always experimenting, who's to say someone wont come up with some novel way to get the 800 to do something the 600 wont. The incremental dollars are worth it imo.
But everyone's pocketbook is different- just something to consider.

I'd advise getting the 800 over the 600 regardless of what type of hunting you plan to use it for. Right now, the extra wont give you anything, but theres SO many smart detectorists out there always experimenting, who's to say someone wont come up with some novel way to get the 800 to do something the 600 wont. The incremental dollars are worth it imo.
But everyone's pocketbook is different- just something to consider.

A couple things the 800 is nice for vs 600 unit.
Adjustable tones and breaks.
Wi stream module comes in handy for hunting in rain. As wireless headphones not waterproof. Put wi stream in plastic bag and hook up a set of elcheapo walkmans and hunt away.
Not to mention you can use adapter and hook big jack headphones into.

Speed 7 and 8 with stock coil could indeed allow you to hear some thing tangled in ferrous.

Backlight has adjustment.

User profile option.

Using wired headphones with 600 model can be a pain. Especially if one is use to using wireless setup when detecting.

Imo both 600 and 800 good value for the loot.
Depends on how much one wants to spend.

A couple things the 800 is nice for vs 600 unit.
Adjustable tones and breaks.
Wi stream module comes in handy for hunting in rain. As wireless headphones not waterproof. Put wi stream in plastic bag and hook up a set of elcheapo walkmans and hunt away.
Not to mention you can use adapter and hook big jack headphones into.

Speed 7 and 8 with stock coil could indeed allow you to hear some thing tangled in ferrous.

Backlight has adjustment.

User profile option.

Using wired headphones with 600 model can be a pain. Especially if one is use to using wireless setup when detecting.

Imo both 600 and 800 good value for the loot.
Depends on how much one wants to spend.

"Speed 7 and 8 with stock coil could indeed allow you to hear some thing tangled in ferrous.

Backlight has adjustment."

Recovery speed is already about too fast at my 600's setting of 3, so I stick with setting of 2. Seven and eight speed in the 800, for my needs, is way overkill.

Backlight? I seldom use it, and so far, I feel fine with the 600's backlight.

All in all, I don't see all of the need to spend another "3rd the cost" for an 800. jm2c

I'V had my 600 for a month now and I love it. Used the Pro for a long time. It's almost like all the old parks I hunted around here are new again. As for how Garrett is going to do it, I don't know.:?:

I picked up a Nox 800 off eBay for just $100 more than the 600 shipped. Should be here a week from today. Can't wait! I've been reading all I can about them, and I'm glad to hear about your test results comparing them to the other machines. Thanks for the info.

Congrats on the new machine! I have the 600 and the at pro,,I’ll say this.Both hit my 8 inch mercury dime hard with the stock coils.Neither machine will hit my 10 inch mercury dime.In my soil the depth comparison would be splitting hairs between the 2..Both good machines,I favor the Garrett tho for better audio.

Back
Top Bottom