Deus v5 update

basstrackerman

Elite Member
Just updated both of my deus units. One thing I like is the volume has been adjusted. I always ran my volume on 1 with my ws4's. Now I can go to 3 or 4 and still be comfortable. Nice updates for the puck also.

Just updated both of my deus units. One thing I like is the volume has been adjusted. I always ran my volume on 1 with my ws4's. Now I can go to 3 or 4 and still be comfortable. Nice updates for the puck also.

I'm so happy that you said that! I also run my volume on 1 with my WS4's. Even at that low setting it's still a little too loud for me.

beephead

Bt ? Dmo ? TNSS

It said 5.0 verson the HF coil will run on both version 4 and 5 , do i also update the HF coil ? Just the WS5 headphones and remote, or all 3 items ? As on the site it just states that the HF coil will run on Verson 4 and 5, it doesn't specifically state if the HF coil should be up dated or not, Earl

Last edited:
It said 5.0 the HF coil will run on both version 4 and 5 , do i also update the HF coil ? Just the WS5 headphones and remote, or all 3 items ? As on the site it just states that the HF coil will run on Verson 4 and 5, it doesn't specifically state if the HF coil should be up dated or not, Earl

Just follow directions. I have the 11" LF (original one) and a 9x5 elliptical HF. I did the upgrade with the 11" coil and it never asked about the other coil and it works fine. And if you had an MI6 paired it automatically comes up paired. You will need to set your contrast back to 1. Be sure to write down any custom programs because they will be erased.

mmm Coin Operated

You have the old black 11 coil ,and you down loaded V5, i thought i read some were that the old coils don't work with V5 only the -X35 new coil's , i here ya that it didn't ask for your HF coil , does that mean your running V5 with the HF coil that was programmed in V4 . Just questions here , need more detail's Thanks Earl

Yes the volume seems to be adjusted properly now. Before level 1 was still pretty loud for me. Now 3 seems equal to the old 1 setting. Maybe even 4 now.

QUOTE=beephead;2980786]I'm so happy that you said that! I also run my volume on 1 with my WS4's. Even at that low setting it's still a little too loud for me.

beephead[/QUOTE]

You have the old black 11 coil ,and you down loaded V5, i thought i read some were that the old coils don't work with V5 only the -X35 new coil's , i here ya that it didn't ask for your HF coil , does that mean your running V5 with the HF coil that was programmed in V4 . Just questions here , need more detail's Thanks Earl

Yes, I have the old, not X35, 11" LF coil. AND, here's the best part. I just went out to my test garden where I have a quarter at 13". The test garden is not old but at 14 months it's not brand new either. Before the version update, my deepest program would give a signal on the quarter but no ID in pitch mode. If anything the dirt is now drier than it was then and with the new version 5 I am also getting a correct ID number (97) at 4 khz, with the same program !!!!
They've done something right.

Going to update my unit and coils tomorrow. Really looking forward to the extra setting on the WS5's. I think I will be leaving the remote in the truck on the next hunt.

I just updated my 11lf from 4.0 to the new 5.0 with no problems.
One thing that I did find was that during the update process a dialogue box came up and said to hook the charging connector to the coil before proceeding so make sure you have the charging cord handy.
Has anyone seen any of the new x35 coils for sale in the states?

I just updated my 11lf from 4.0 to the new 5.0 with no problems.
One thing that I did find was that during the update process a dialogue box came up and said to hook the charging connector to the coil before proceeding so make sure you have the charging cord handy.
Has anyone seen any of the new x35 coils for sale in the states?

No yet.
Think they are on the way though.
http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/blog-detection/en/update-deus/new-x35-coils-and-deus-v5-update/

Says end of Jul, does this mean shipping or actually available even if on a limited basis???
Also notice these coils will be sold(supplied) as standard starting Sep this year.

I didn't even think anything about the volume on the WS4's after the patch.
But you guys are right you can run the headphones higher now without blowing your ear drums apart.

It said 5.0 verson the HF coil will run on both version 4 and 5 , do i also update the HF coil ? Just the WS5 headphones and remote, or all 3 items ? As on the site it just states that the HF coil will run on Verson 4 and 5, it doesn't specifically state if the HF coil should be up dated or not, Earl

Earl, I don’t know the answer yet. But here is what you can do. When updating have your Hf coil close by. See if Hf coil is recognized in your computer screen by serial number. Coil light light come on briefly too if it is. If none of this happens then Hf coils internally not update with version 5.

A side note here. Users need to make sure their coils are loaded into their remotes by serial number.

I will be updating mine today sometime.
Good Luck Earl.
Feed that dog too.

Folks,it's real simple....start the update, follow the directions exactly, and you're done. If it doesn't ask a specific question you're wondering about (HF coils) then don't worry about it. That's what I did and all is cool.

Tnss

Hf coil not updated, does that mean no upgrade required, or did you upgrade the hf coil, the reason i ask is the hf coil is the only one i have, might get a x35 coil down the road, Earl. Ps i have 4.o version, SW5 phones, remote, and the hf round coil

Hf coil not updated, does that mean no upgrade required, or did you upgrade the hf coil, the reason i ask is the hf coil is the only one i have, might get a x35 coil down the road, Earl. Ps i have 4.o version, SW5 phones, remote, and the hf round coil

Earl, you still need to do update. Remote and headphone module will get update.

You do ‘t Have to, I would though.

Back
Top Bottom