Damn Kids......

oblivion321

... So, I haven't even gotten out at all yet, but my 7 year old boy has been sitting with his machine and coat on here in NY waiting for a chance to finally conquer the rain, sleet, snow and mud in our yard. Last night he asked if he could take his detector out and I responded " Of course, Bud. I'll be out in a minute, but you're not allowed back in the house without silver". Less than 5 minutes later (didn't even get my boots on yet), He comes back with these and says " I just looked where you always do. I'm going to bed. Goodnight". Like I said...Damn Kids!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20180403_190231.jpg
    IMG_20180403_190231.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 584
  • IMG_20180403_190534.jpg
    IMG_20180403_190534.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 544
Now that’s funny! Looks like you better keep him behind you if you wanna find anything once Spring hits!

Kinda like a guy in a $50,000 bass boat catching 2 pounders while a kid on the bank gets a 6 pounder.

(don't ask how I know about that)

In his mind he is asking himself what is so hard about this hobby. Boy my dad is not very good at it, better go to bed and let go old dad have a chance to catch up. What a great kid.:laughing:

Ray

Got my nephew into detecting last year. He's not a little kid, but some kind of a beginner's luck thing got me going.

On these deep woods hunts around old home sites, sometimes I'd only manage some hunter's trash and maybe a broken spoon. Almost on every trip he'd find a colonel copper coin or some bucket list relic.

Whoa. Tough crowd here. :grin: Yup. I do have a great kid and I'm proud of him for showing me up. He usually does, so I'm used to it. Last summer he took my AT pro into the pool and found a couple of solid high 80's signals and wants me to move the pool so he can dig them up. He is hooked on this hobby. Thanks to everyone for the great responses.:yes:

Back
Top Bottom