Hunting the golf course with the NOX 800...Silvers 5-6 BIG SILVER..almost

kidlester

Elite Member
Hello,
There is a golf course near the house the city has closed and is now open for a park.
This place is littered with clad and trash. It has been open since the 20's and open to the public since 1940 when it was made a municipal golf park.
Since the weather has been nice here in central Texas I have been able to stop after work for a few short hunts.
All the clad and trash is giving me the opportunity to learn the 800 in almost every condition I usually hunt. But I knew there had to be some more silver somewhere on the place.
I went across the pond from where I found the 64 rosie last week and pulled a 49D rosie at 6" in as good as shape as the 64 and four more wheats. The dime had to have been dropped in 49. Clad everywhere, and trash.
Went this afternoon and was only getting clad. Swinging near a green and hit a 33 signal VERY shallow and couldn't believe what was one inch down, a half popped up. Very lucky I didn't hit it with the digger.
I also found a strange copper or bronze object with a lizard on it.
HH!

Attachments

• nox5 079.jpg
    nox5 079.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 585
  • nox5 080.jpg
    nox5 080.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 561
  • nox6 001.jpg
    nox6 001.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 573
  • nox6 007.jpg
    nox6 007.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 567
  • nox6 002.jpg
    nox6 002.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 554
You did get big silver, 40% silver in that 68 half. Congrats.

Very nice for sure.

There's a golf course near me that the city closed not too long ago. Been wanting to hunt it but just don't know where to start. Any suggestions?

Great finds!
I've been play golf for 20 yrs and somebody is always losing something when we play, especially on the tee boxes.

Very nice for sure.

There's a golf course near me that the city closed not too long ago. Been wanting to hunt it but just don't know where to start. Any suggestions?

I have had good luck in the areas from the green to the next tee. While putting, golfers mark their ball placement with coins in many cases. These coins are occasionally dropped when heading off the green. If you can find where the greens and tees were you can find some silver.

Deeper

I have had good luck in the areas from the green to the next tee. While putting, golfers mark their ball placement with coins in many cases. These coins are occasionally dropped when heading off the green. If you can find where the greens and tees were you can find some silver.

Deeper

Thanks Deeper, Sounds like good info, will have to try it.

Congrats on your silvers and wheats !!! Great hunt. Let me know if you ever need any help with the golf course, sounds like a worthy road trip !!!

Back
Top Bottom