Finally found a nice sized gold ring! **UPDATE...owner found!**

Waveoff

Elite Member
I continue to find great stuff in my own 1950's neighborhood. The one yard next door to me gave me a sterling class ring and a small 14k gold snake ring that was squished. My focus lately has been the other yard next door to me and it has also given me some nice finds. My last 4 hunts there gave me a silver dime each time and lots of wheats. Today was the best hunt so far though. My second target dug was a 14k wedding band weighing 7.5 grams. I can't wait to work my way down the street and get permission for more yards!

**UPDATE**

The ring had initials and an anniversary date of 6-29-74 engraved on the inside of the band. I asked the owner of the house and a couple of neighbors if they knew any of the previous residents. One of the neighbors actually graduated from high school with the owner of the ring. He got me his information and I called him. He was thrilled to hear that I found his ring. He said he thought he dropped it down the floor drain in the garage and that his wife was pretty upset with him about losing it. He said he would send me the replacement ring he bought but I told him that was completely unnecessary. They're still married but they live about 5 hours away now. I mailed it back to him today. Hopefully karma will allow me to find something really good soon! :lol:

UIIXe5c.jpg

QKrbWMO.jpg

7P47MKl.jpg

OsgPWLB.jpg

Last edited:
Very Nice find. good weight too. Beats the little 1.5 gram 14k one I found last week. Congratulations.

Didn't mean to quote georgeinsc, had a little yellow lab pup all over me and hit wrong reply, lol.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Very Nice find. good weight too. Beats the little 1.5 gram 14k one I found last week. Congratulations.

My first gold ring was also on the small side at only 1.7 grams. Gold is gold though! Congrats on your ring as well.

Nice stuff right there!

Didn't mean to quote georgeinsc, had a little yellow lab pup all over me and hit wrong reply, lol.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Thank you! And no worries lol. Feel free to post some pics of the pup in this thread. I love yellow labs!

Nice one!! What detector did you find it with?

Thank you! I found it with the Vaquero. I wish I could remember if it discriminated out at all and at what point. I don't think it did discriminate out and it was only a couple of inches down.

That's a nice fat band, gotta love the weight of those, congrats!

Thanks!

That a chunk o gold and beautiful silvers...don't leave the neighborhood!

Thank you! I'm hoping to find more good stuff as I work my way around the neighborhood. This ring has initials and a date inside and I'm trying to track down the former owners of the house to return the ring but the guy living there now doesn't have any information on them. The other neighbors didn't really have any information either. I'll keep researching.

Nice ring!!

Thanks!

Very nice chunker!
Congratulations

Thank you!

I think it is wonderful that you are returning it to the original owner.
It will be even more amazing if he does send you the replacement, what a happy ending!

OUTSTANDING! The return-priceless, you just made somebodys day, hell year maybe. The only thing I got to return so far is a couple of dog tags. Did search one guys yard for his wifes wedding band but no luck. And looks like a pretty good hunt to boot. Keep it up. I also have done well searching the neighbors yards. Its nice to be able to run out for and hour or so when you have time as opposed to planning a day trip. HH Mark

I think it is wonderful that you are returning it to the original owner.
It will be even more amazing if he does send you the replacement, what a happy ending!

If he sent me the replacement I would just send it back to him. I'm just happy he's getting something back that he lost so long ago!

OUTSTANDING! The return-priceless, you just made somebodys day, hell year maybe. The only thing I got to return so far is a couple of dog tags. Did search one guys yard for his wifes wedding band but no luck. And looks like a pretty good hunt to boot. Keep it up. I also have done well searching the neighbors yards. Its nice to be able to run out for and hour or so when you have time as opposed to planning a day trip. HH Mark

Thanks Mark! It feels good returning stuff to their owners. And it is nice doing the neighborhood search thing. It's so convenient!

Last edited:
If he sent me the replacement I would just send it back to him. I'm just happy he's getting something back that he lost so long ago!

Uh..> Why? Clearly, he's grateful to you for returning the original. I'm baffled at people who refuse someone's generosity when they're grateful.

it's like sending back a thank-you card, or better yet, a thank-you card that had a gift card in it.

Frankly, I personally LOVE it when someone I'm trying to express gratitude to, genuinely appreciates my gratitude, rather than dismisses it as though "it was nothing." I'd rather have someone be genuinely thrilled at my $20 "thank you" than insist I keep my $20. Why? Because they're THRILLED at it. I'd get a great big feel good about whatever they did, and the fact I could do something that thrilled them just as much.

My two cents. Accept rewards and gratitudes, WITH GUSTO! People should be given the opportunity to show appreciation.

And to get a ring in return... how freaking COOL!

My two cents though. Not everyone sees it the same way. :)

Cheers,

Skippy

Uh..> Why? Clearly, he's grateful to you for returning the original. I'm baffled at people who refuse someone's generosity when they're grateful.

it's like sending back a thank-you card, or better yet, a thank-you card that had a gift card in it.

Frankly, I personally LOVE it when someone I'm trying to express gratitude to, genuinely appreciates my gratitude, rather than dismisses it as though "it was nothing." I'd rather have someone be genuinely thrilled at my $20 "thank you" than insist I keep my $20. Why? Because they're THRILLED at it. I'd get a great big feel good about whatever they did, and the fact I could do something that thrilled them just as much.

My two cents. Accept rewards and gratitudes, WITH GUSTO! People should be given the opportunity to show appreciation.

And to get a ring in return... how freaking COOL!

My two cents though. Not everyone sees it the same way. :)

Cheers,

Skippy

Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion. To me, a simple thank you is more than enough. However, I would not send back a token of appreciation in the form of a thank you note or whatever. Your example is a bit extreme. With that being said, the gentleman sent me a gift certificate to a fancy restaurant that I received in the mail today. I will gladly make use of that! :)

Back
Top Bottom