Darwin award...

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
Never ceases to amaze me of the utter stupidity in this world.
This couple tried to get famous doing escalating YouTube stunts.
This was a great idea...hold a thick book on your chest and have your girlfriend point a 50 caliber handgun at you and shoot into the book from one foot away.
He thought the book would easily stop the bullet, bet he was surprised when it tore through the book, and him, like paper.
I guess this stunt worked, they sure are famous now.
She is already pregnant so his damaged DNA will live on.

"He had told me about that idea," the aunt told the TV station, "and I said, 'Don't do it. Don't do it. Why are you going to use a gun? Why?' "

She quoted him as replying, " 'Because we want more viewers. We want to get famous.' "

http://www.fox9.com/news/264375166-story

http://www.startribune.com/minnesot...friend-in-fame-seeking-video-prank/431313063/

Charged with second degree manslaughter, she has a three year old and is pregnant now.
If convicted, she faces up to 10 years in prison and a $20,000 fine.

photostudio_1498752805914.jpg

Last edited:
I read that yesterday and almost submited it to the Darwin awards. Idiot people, doing idiot things, because they are idiots... Normally I feel bad for them but in this case I can only shake my head.

In my former occupation I saw first hand some of the utterly stupid things human beings do, and the consequences of some of them. Folks can be dumb as dirt when they wanna be... and nothin' surprises me any more.

In my former occupation I saw first hand some of the utterly stupid things human beings do, and the consequences of some of them. Folks can be dumb as dirt when they wanna be... and nothin' surprises me any more.
Yep!
Nothing can be made foolproof, because fools are far too ingenious.

I never could understand how someone might think that making one more video of something stupid, that will be forever lost in a sea of stupid videos, could possibly make them significant or even noteworthy.

Supposedly he used an encyclopedia book.
He shot at a lined up stack of 20 of these before this and the bullet didn't go through the first one so he thought he was safe.
Yeaaaaaaa...no.

One book is different than a compressed stack of 20 to a bullet this powerful, evidently.
Physics.

She used a Desert Eagle .50 caliber pistol, a powerful handgun, according to The Truth About Guns.

“The Desert Eagle is a powerful .50 caliber pistol that is capable of producing muzzle velocities exceeding 1900 fps and muzzle energy of 2800 ft-lbs,” the website says in its review of the gun. “To put those numbers in perspective, .50AE bullets can travel twice as fast as .45s and hit with the force of a .308 Winchester.”

The reviewer writes that the Desert Eagle could “(punch) holes in engine blocks.”

He should have used the internet to find out more facts instead of just posting vids.
Too late now.

Last edited:
Very dumb, but I don't think she should be charged with anything. She was just playing a part in the stunt. What if the stunt was jumping through a hoop of fire, and she was holding the hoop, and the man caught on fire? Would she be charged with a crime? What if he attempted to jump over her on a bike or something, and fell and injured himself? What if she was a knife-thrower, like those magician acts we've seen, but hit him accidentally?

I feel like the fact that a gun was involved, and people nowadays are so scared of an inanimate object, that the charges are brought.

This is what happened when you stress diversity and social justice in school instead of mathematics and physics. A 50 is a heavy handgun round. It packs a good deal of kinetic energy.

Anyone with two brain cells to rub together knows that any stunt that involves pointing a gun and firing it in the direction of another person is a REALLY bad idea and can only end in funerals and prison sentences.

Very dumb, but I don't think she should be charged with anything. She was just playing a part in the stunt. What if the stunt was jumping through a hoop of fire, and she was holding the hoop, and the man caught on fire? Would she be charged with a crime? What if he attempted to jump over her on a bike or something, and fell and injured himself? What if she was a knife-thrower, like those magician acts we've seen, but hit him accidentally?

I feel like the fact that a gun was involved, and people nowadays are so scared of an inanimate object, that the charges are brought.

She should definitely be charged. There are consequences to her actions. She WILLINGLY pulled the trigger with complete and total disregard to the well being of her boyfriend.

In the case of your hoop example - he jumped through the hoop on his own. He didn't have to. Much like she didn't have to point the gun at him and pull the trigger.

Guns are not toys. They do not exists for stupid human tricks. There is a lot of responsibility that comes with weapons of any sort. If you willfully ignore that responsibility, you have to pay the price.

It is better for her to go to jail so her kids will not be subject to her stupidity. Hopefully, the relatives have a bit more common sense than her.

Like the man said,
serveimage

I don't think she should be charged--he went along with the stupid stunt, and told someone ahead of time that he was going to do it. I think she was too ignorant to understand the danger, and was counting on the stupid guy to know what the bullet would do. IMO, she is a victim of his stupidity, too.

"Here's another nice mess I've gotten you into."

Yeah. Shoot me, this book will protect me.... should have used a sandbag instead or better yet.....not done it. I like how they told folks and nobody cared enough to apparently stop it.

wouldn't you test it out first? shoot the book and see if it goes through it? then stand behind it if you are dumb enough.:?:

He did, as I explained previously.
He got the result he wanted when he did, extrapolated and taught he would be safe.
His biggest problems seemed to be he changed the parameters of his test and a lack of knowledge about physics.
Knowledge is power...lack of knowledge, in this case, meant death.

Last edited:
I've always said, "That's how God gets rid of the stupid ones." Unfortunately, there's so many that they sometimes have the chance to reproduce.

Back
Top Bottom