Four Days, Four Cents

Null Detector

...the hard way!

four%20cents_zpsujoyrdrd.png

The large cents were a spill.

The two cent piece was quite unexpected. I was in the process of clearing a spread out wheat spill when I got the signal. I didn't think it would be anything other than some contemporaneous coin. I first saw the wreath, but knew it wasn't a large cent. When the shield started coming through, then I knew exactly what it was. My next find less than a foot away from the two cent piece was a buffalo nickel.

Am I happy?

Yes. Yes I am.

two%20cents_zpsixpbvspp.png

Funny thing, in a year and a half of metal detecting, I've found a King George III halfpenny, draped bust/classic head/matron head large cents, and now a two cent piece, yet not a single Indian! They made them for fifty years! At this rate, I'll probably find a flying eagle before an Indian (I should be so lucky)!

I'm definitely not complaining, I just think it's curious.

Congrats on the 2 Cent Piece! Since I started back detecting in April after a long hiatus I have yet to find an IH penny. The first pre 1930's coin I found was a 1867 2 cent piece. I also found a 1851 Seated dime on the same site the next weekend. The Seated was before I found my first Mercury dime since I started back detecting. Those are also my two oldest coins ever and probably will be for awhile I bet.

Nice finds, congrats! I'm still looking for my first IH too, can't find one for the life of me, so you are not alone. :lol:

Nice finds ! In a year and a half only dug clad, 5 wheats and a 50s nickel , nothing older than 1937. No silver coins. I've got rings new and old in silver and gold. Its tuff out west.HH

Sent from my LGUK410 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom