First gold with compadre

NCtoad

Forum Supporter
Took my twin daughters out for dinner this evening and after leaving the restaurant, we drove down a road I hadn't been down before. I spotted a small park and decided to pull in and let the girls play on the playground. After a while I decided to get out my compadre and found this 10K ring. I think it was the 5th target I dug. It's a cheap ring, but still gold. It says THD 10K on the inside. I think the stone may be a diamond because it doesn't fog up when I breath on it, or rather it dissipates instantly, but I'll have to get it tested to make sure. Gotta love the simplicity of the compadre:yes:

Attachments

• IMG_1956.jpg
    IMG_1956.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_1957.jpg
    IMG_1957.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_1958.jpg
    IMG_1958.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_1960.jpg
    IMG_1960.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 234
Thanks to everyone! Went back there again today for about an hour with the F70 and the nel hunter coil. Found $1.76 in clad which included a 1959 memorial and 1956D wheat penny. Tons of zinc signals and this in the same area where I found the ring yesterday at one end of the basketball court. Will definitely be going back some more.

BTW, the ring disc'ed out just above the N in iron on the compadre and there was another strong signal close by that disc'ed out at zinc. Dug the ring first since I felt it might be jewelry and the other was a zinc penny about 4" away from the ring.

Thanks to everyone! Went back there again today for about an hour with the F70 and the nel hunter coil. Found $1.76 in clad which included a 1959 memorial and 1956D wheat penny. Tons of zinc signals and this in the same area where I found the ring yesterday at one end of the basketball court. Will definitely be going back some more.

BTW, the ring disc'ed out just above the N in iron on the compadre and there was another strong signal close by that disc'ed out at zinc. Dug the ring first since I felt it might be jewelry and the other was a zinc penny about 4" away from the ring.

Good info! I don't mind digging foil etc when what you found could be the prize! I set my Compadres to the "r" in iron and go to it!

Congrats again!

Took my twin daughters out for dinner this evening and after leaving the restaurant, we drove down a road I hadn't been down before. I spotted a small park and decided to pull in and let the girls play on the playground. After a while I decided to get out my compadre and found this 10K ring. I think it was the 5th target I dug. It's a cheap ring, but still gold. It says THD 10K on the inside. I think the stone may be a diamond because it doesn't fog up when I breath on it, or rather it dissipates instantly, but I'll have to get it tested to make sure. Gotta love the simplicity of the compadre:yes:

Dude. Killer find! Would love to find 10K gold with a diamond over a pop-tab ANY time. :)

Well done!

Back
Top Bottom