Christened The X8 Today....Silver #13 FTY

JNimons

Forum Supporter
Last month or so has been tough here in New England. Finally got a chance to really give the SunRay X8 a run on the ETrac.

Headed to my neighboring farm this afternoon. Spent 3 1/2 hours in the front and side yard of the early 1800s farmhouse that I pounded pretty good earlier this year.

Ended up with 4 wheats and a 1941 Merc...along with 7 Memorials. Puts me at 13 Silver and 22 wheats FTY. Kinda disappointing after my strong January.

My initial thoughts on the X8.... It's very chatty. It doesn't handle maxed out sensitivity nearly as well as the X5. I ended up switching back and forth between manual 19-21, and Auto+3..Personally, I dont deal well with a chatty machine.

But...when the X8 hits a target...you know it....its rock solid. What really sold me was running plus 3 and got one of those solid signals with iffy #s that on the ETrac is often a deep silver. Cut the plug. ..signal still in the hole. About 10 inches down I finally have the signal in my hand. Ended up being a tiny half inch nail. This little coil hits deep. Im kicking myself I didn't take a picture.

Looking forward to future hunts with this coil.

Been playing with my 6 inch and eight inch coils.

I think the eight inch coils is the happy medium for general hunts in the parks. Only issue I had was getting around large metal. Could only get about 2 feet within the metal. Lot of missed space there. But depth and separation was good. I have the Coiltech 6 inch treasure seeker, and a 8 inch fbs 800.

Congrats on the hunt and silver , ,,,,,HH

Thanks Ricki!

I think the eight inch coils is the happy medium for general hunts in the parks. Only issue I had was getting around large metal. Could only get about 2 feet within the metal. Lot of missed space there. But depth and separation was good. I have the Coiltech 6 inch treasure seeker, and a 8 inch fbs 800.

I have 4 different coils....hunt a lot of fields...so I run the Nel Tornado more than my other coils.

Nice hunt John! Glad to see your getting out and finding silver, Congrats on the Merc and the new coil!

Thanks Ron.

Congrats on the merc and the rest John great hunting!

Thanks Jeff. .jealous of your Dirty Thirty!

Nice finds, them 41's seem to be everywhere.

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom