A nightmare and excalibur mod :)

itsaring!

24K Larry
Forum Supporter
People like Stephen King deprive themselves of sleep and dream about what they put in the books they write. I usually dream about solutions to stuff i'm building. Well last night I must have remembered that spider MartinV3i dug a while back, because I went to bed at 12:30 and woke up at 4:30 dreaming I stepped on a Tarantula with spikes. Man it hurt my foot until I woke up!:laughing:

Long story short I wound up modding Kapidrs back up Excalibur I nicknamed the Axcaliber:lol: starting at 4:30 this morning:shock: Its modded with a Plugger 3 piece carbon fiber shaft, new pinpoint potentiometer, one of my custom made knob guards, pinpoint and headphone connectors, pinpoint handle, and Skullies with cones. Field test in the yard and this baby works like a champ!

FWIW since ML only uses one place for repairs and it takes 3 months and you may get a detector back still broke, I may be my friends only hope of repairs.

Thanks to OBN for the parts and inspiration years ago. If it wasn't for him id still be swinging an ace250 maybe:roll::laughing:

Attachments

• SAM_3867.jpg
    SAM_3867.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 470
  • SAM_3868.jpg
    SAM_3868.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 478
  • SAM_3869.jpg
    SAM_3869.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 476
  • SAM_3870.jpg
    SAM_3870.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 451
  • SAM_3871.jpg
    SAM_3871.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 458
Look Out Larry

Kap will have 3 times the gold find's now, hey Kap, make sure Larry hunt's behind you, we know your a good girl, and you will save him some scrap howboutit :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: nice mods, Earl

One of the only things prettier than that is what I found today! Can't wait to try her out. Love you Itsaring! (Sorry for the mushiness guys and gals!)

I hope that is yours because if "Kapidr" gets her hands on it we may as well consider the gold market will be flooded.

Joe

You might be 2nd in gold rings, this year , unless they put a Queen Dances on the smiley's howboutit :jawdrop::pirates: PS its a good thing she's in Florida and not up here :shock::lol:

REALLY like the quick disconnect fittings there! Using those you could replace all the wires that seems to be the weak point on these excals...

How did you do the mod on the head phones? The cord looks longer than the standard Koss excal headphones. I would love to change them out to a more comfortable headset with a longer coil.

LOL Larry

Just stay out of her way than , and just walk her dog howboutit :laughing: you better get a new heater, or tie one of her legs up, just to stay a float :boat:

I really like that knob guard!! did you make it yourself?

I really like that knob guard!! did you make it yourself?

Yeah I buy the small sheet of lexan from Lowes for like 5 bucks. Then I use a heat gun and bend it free hand. Do it on the first try somehow? Likely because I bend car sheet metal free hand for patch panels:lol: Last one I used the crack in my front steps. This one I used the front drawer in my woodworking bench to bend it. My original one has been going for 6 years so far. You know how strong polycarbonate is:yes:

great looking setup. just curious, if you could move the unit further behind the elbow (6-12") would you? or do you like the way its balanced now?

She may wish it was further back with the tornado coil? But I got the same set up basically with an excal ii and I wouldn't want it further back. But the excal 2 coil is slimmer/lighter.

wow

after hunting today with kap not sure she needs the extra help of a new heater , great find today kap, larry how are we going to keep up with her now? great job on the mods, see you out there soon D

great looking setup. just curious, if you could move the unit further behind the elbow (6-12") would you? or do you like the way its balanced now?

All three of my excals are set up right like that. So I can't really answer myself as I've never tried it 6 or 12 inches further. Seems super balanced to me where it is. Now you have me curious as to how it would feel further up...

Back
Top Bottom