Twas the Night Before Lowtide

Mud-puppy

Forum Supporter
Twas the night before lowtide when all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not my dog or my spouse. My waders were hung by the floor heater vent in hopes they'd be dry for tomorrows intent.

My rigs were all nestled all snug in the car I finally got home from closing the bar. Wearing just skivvys, socks and a cap, I logged into the Forum to look at some krap.

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter, I sprang up from my desk to see what was the matter. Away to the door I flew with my guns, slipped on the carpet and busted my buns!

The moon on the breast of the new fallen snow gave lustre of midday to objects below. When what to my wondering eyes did appear? Two curbstripping B'tards cavorting out there!

One hollered and shouted, one swung from a tree! I knew in an instant, King George and Ringy! More rapid than eagles I flew out the door, I whistled and shouted and visciously swore! "Get off of my lawn and get out of my town, its 3 in the morning, drop what you have found!"

To settle my nerves I lit up a smoke, and hoped the Wife slept through the commotion provoked. Laying a finger aside of my nose and giving a snort, blew snot all over my clothes!

Well dammit this night has been quite a waste, in the pre gloaming I considered my fate. Off to the Sponsors with CC in hand I ordered up stuff to the beat of the Band!

A spare set of phones, a new sniper coil! An extra large findspouch to contain all my spoil! A new kit of acid, a hat and a shirt, a Sunspot for sand and a Raptor for dirt!

Time waits for Nobody, neither does Gold, so dash away cash away before I'm too old! I totaled the tally, but I didnt care, good thing that Christmas only comes once a year!:laughing:
Mud

That's "our" Mud--always up to the moment. Happy and Lucky 17. Doc Holiday.

And I thought I was the only one to post a metrical composition! Well done my friend. I'll expect nothing less of you in the future!

R5

Here I sit broken hearted. Stuck my ear to a shell and it sounded like a hermit crab farted:laughing:

Twas the night before lowtide when all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not my dog or my spouse. My waders were hung by the floor heater vent in hopes they'd be dry for tomorrows intent.

My rigs were all nestled all snug in the car I finally got home from closing the bar. Wearing just skivvys, socks and a cap, I logged into the Forum to look at some krap.

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter, I sprang up from my desk to see what was the matter. Away to the door I flew with my guns, slipped on the carpet and busted my buns!

The moon on the breast of the new fallen snow gave lustre of midday to objects below. When what to my wondering eyes did appear? Two curbstripping B'tards cavorting out there!

One hollered and shouted, one swung from a tree! I knew in an instant, King George and Ringy! More rapid than eagles I flew out the door, I whistled and shouted and visciously swore! "Get off of my lawn and get out of my town, its 3 in the morning, drop what you have found!"

To settle my nerves I lit up a smoke, and hoped the Wife slept through the commotion provoked. Laying a finger aside of my nose and giving a snort, blew snot all over my clothes!

Well dammit this night has been quite a waste, in the pre gloaming I considered my fate. Off to the Sponsors with CC in hand I ordered up stuff to the beat of the Band!

A spare set of phones, a new sniper coil! An extra large findspouch to contain all my spoil! A new kit of acid, a hat and a shirt, a Sunspot for sand and a Raptor for dirt!

Time waits for Nobody, neither does Gold, so dash away cash away before I'm too old! I totaled the tally, but I didnt care, good thing that Christmas only comes once a year!:laughing:
Mud

Okay, next week I'm having a go at setting this to music. It is to awesome to let slip away.

Nice Ditty there Mud. Happy New Year and may you make a bunch of us jealous by all the gold you find.

Mud

LEGENDARY! Nicely done Mud!

Back
Top Bottom