Ironing out some good stuff

18kRonin

Forum Supporter

Foo Fighters "Learning to Fly" cover by Rocking 1000

Hunt 1

Found a section I'd been hoping for had opened up big time. Only place that had targets was just below the cut's face. Concentrated black sand with shallow tent pegs and big iron :lol:

Thought about changing over to the Excal but just didn't feel like putting up with null grunt null squawk all day so kept at it with the DF. Half an hour into the hunt was clearing out one hole, swung the coil over it and yet another target but tiny, looked in the scoop and got a glimpse of yellow falling through. Finally tracked it down, was a small ear stud with some kind of stone on it.

Took me 3 hours of constant digging to cover the area, had a short break and went back over the same ground taking off a few more layers of the ugly stuff. The surf was still pulling off sand exposing even more with coins and the odd silver.

Near the 7 hour mark was wondering where the good heavy stuff was and was trying my hardest to get off the beach but Mr DF wouldn't have a bar of it :lol: it kept finding me coins and silver. Was just about to quit for the day and got a nice sized Plat in the scoop topping off an unforgettable, digging frenzy :lol:

Haul for the day
142 coins
15 pieces of silver
The smallest single piece of gold ever found with any of my detectors 0.06g of 18K without the stone.
Pt900 3.86g

Thanks for viewing
HH&GL

A couple of follow up hunts at the same beach

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?p=2645460#post2645460

Last edited:
just looking at the pile makes me want to lay down. That spot should be primed to go in a few weeks without all that cr@p laying there.
Congrats on the pt and tiny gold

I started with a pulse machine "G" but there is no way I would hunt a beach so infested with iron with a pulse these days... you are still young so enjoy it :lol: True story.. starting with a pulse is not the best type of machine and in my first 2 weeks I was finding staples and sneaker eyelets a foot down or better and was ready to throw that PI PRO in the water and go back to dirt digging... then I pulled a gold ring and finished that day with 3 of them... I don't own a pulse right now but my plans are to pick one up soon..

:dingding: Congrats on the platty and all those rings! You sure have a lot of people camping in the water.

I started with a pulse machine "G" but there is no way I would hunt a beach so infested with iron with a pulse these days... you are still young so enjoy it :lol: True story.. starting with a pulse is not the best type of machine and in my first 2 weeks I was finding staples and sneaker eyelets a foot down or better and was ready to throw that PI PRO in the water and go back to dirt digging... then I pulled a gold ring and finished that day with 3 of them... I don't own a pulse right now but my plans are to pick one up soon..

Gotta love the pulse,,,, if it don't kill ya! Heck I found a sneaker eyelet 12 feet down. LOL

Congrats on the treasure G! Those pictures give you some perspective of how much digging you sometimes have to do to find that one awesome ring! :yes:

GREAT HUNTING!

Here's a pearl 14KT earring I found on land about 3 inches deep with the AT PRO. I thought it was all metal and that I had hit on the ball part...but that's actually a pearl!

3rdhuntstud14k.jpg

Congrats on your finds!

Holy !!!! dude your a machine.7 hrs of non stop digging is definitely a battle,I'm glad your hard work was rewarded with a couple good targets. Platinum still eludes me can't wait to check that one off the list.Congratz...GL HH

Back
Top Bottom