Hilarious DIY rock tumbler

Been pricing them...rock tumblers, damn they are expensive, time to make one, look for a DIY to come soon.

Hey, if rock tumblers are THAT expensive, just buy an old used dryer, you might even find some coins already in it ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

(The video in the first post didn't work so I can't comment on that)

Rich, Here's a rock tumbler for you -

tractor-moving-large-rock.jpg

ok, Grumpy verified it works on his tablet, you may have firewall issues or need to refresh your browsers in case the original is stuck in your browser cache.

Also, since the inception of this thread, while responding to this and other threads and drinking coffee, I've got a DIY rock tumbler half way made already. I'll post the entire how to in the DIY section later tonite after I've finished it.
I had a Canon printer laying around since wifey bought me a new one a week ago, I've already tore it down for the necessary parts, wired it up to a phone charger usb cable, tested and works, just have to make the base and determine what will be my tumbler barrel. Total cost so far...$0

Might I suggest a nice piece of ash flooring for a base? Looks real fancy like...:D

That video just will not show up as anything but a vertical black box that isn't even clickable in Chrome, regardless of a cache purge. I've noticed this with some other videos posted, yet some are fine. Came up fine on my phone though. That dude burnt up more money in electricity running that thing than he had in change! Regardless, it still isn't as good as Mud's suggestion of throwing your coin container in the trunk, taking the wheel weights off one wheel of the car and driving around for a while!:lol:

Last edited:
It works for me in all formats, a few others see it, maybe a mod can look into it

also, about 90% done with my rock tumbler, going to start the DIY thread.
I'll post a link here as well.

I've posted in the forum upgrade thread about the video issues. After looking on Youtube, I see I should have patented the Inkjet tumbler. I could have made thousands! ...of cents...:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom