His college says he's smart...I ain't seeing it

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
http://www.inquisitr.com/2896822/no...rmbier-to-15-years-obama-demands-his-release/

15 years hard labor for stealing a political poster.
Probably just a N. Korean play for political leverage in negotiations which they are known for, and he probably won't serve 15 years but he sure as heck will probably serve some time before he is eventually released.

Now the questions come to mind....
With all the great places to pick for vacations in the world who in there right mind chooses this one?
Did Cabot San Lucas or any other of about a thousand better dream vacations even pop up?
I would think a foreign country that has a crazy dictator and where members of his family and high cabinets are being executed and disappearing, (executed),for doing not much else than breathing or existing, well, this might be a place to avoid at all costs.
If I was in a business that had dealings with this country and they wanted to send me there I would quit before I would even consider it.

Once you are there does it even make sense to do anything that might get you in trouble?
Does this kid have no common sense at all?

Americans think the world is like America, citizens of other countries assume all foreign lands have similar rules to theirs or think the same...not exactly true.

In Singapore you will get prison time and lashed for graffiti as 2 German youngsters found out.
Deface the colosseum or other ancient treasures in Italy with just one letter carved into brick and not only prison time but a fine big enough that would buy a very nice car...and this has happened to American and other tourists there many times.
What...just so you can take a picture to post on Facebook?

Has the world gone crazy, is there no common sense left out there...anywhere?

Maybe there have always been a large amount of idiots in this world but because of technology we just hear about their stupidity more than ever.

I weep for this generation and the state of sanity in the world today.

Don't worry we will get him , may have to give them another nuclear reactor or 10050 billion dollars. I'm just glad he wasn't MDing and ruin the opportunity for all who may want to detect there .:laughing:
HH

Don't worry we will get him , may have to give them another nuclear reactor or 10050 billion dollars. I'm just glad he wasn't MDing and ruin the opportunity for all who may want to detect there .:laughing:
HH

Riiight...destroying royal property which will mean the dirt because that idiot thinks he is a God.
Probably an executable offence.
Either that or worse they might make you binge watch the entire season of Fuller House on Netflix.

I can't really blame other countries for enforcing their laws on people that visit. Your the guest, you should know the laws and customs, and be on your best behavior. Unfortunately, many Americans weren't taught manners, only that they can pretty much get away with anything. We see it on this forum all the time, get run out of a park, just go back during the off hours, no one there, no one cares.... Even though they were told metal detecting isn't allowed.

Punishment seems kind of harsh, for what seems like a very minor offense, but there isn't a whole lot of people committing the more serious offenses either, they know if they get caught, it's going to be really bad.

We usually don't hear the full story on most of these case overseas, there is usually a lot more to it, then what makes it in the news, they try to reduce it down to something absurdly simple. Had a Florida Boy, Michael Fay (not sure of the spelling), who got caned back in the 1990's, Singapore. The initial news was, that he got popped for chewing gum in public, but after he got his butt whipped, publicly, and on video, turned out he was engaged basic juvenile delinquent activities, like stealing street signs, shoplifting curfew violations...

Here in America, people commit crimes, and seldom spend more than a night or two in the local jail. Those that do end up in prison, seem to be treated like they are on vacation, more than being punished.

This generation...yeah, it's not good, but, let's engage the way back machine in our minds, and turn back the clock to:

1950's How many people can you stuff into a phone booth? Swallowing gold fish? Or, was that another generation? Remember the Beatniks? Remember the motorcycle clubs? Racing for pink slips? Jazz, and that new craze, rock and roll music?

1960's Girls were going crazy over Elvis Presley and the Beatles. Boys started emulating the Beatles and growing their hair long, smoking pot and sniffing model glue.

1970's Sex, drugs and rock and roll! Well, rock and roll until we got to disco. Remember the pet rock?! Bell bottom jeans, love beads and headbands? Mood rings? Flower children in VW micro buses?

I could go on, but I think I made my point...each generation goes a bit nutz, and has their own unique craziness. It's been that way since time began.

https://youtu.be/lf6wY0PUsO4

This generation...yeah, it's not good, but, let's engage the way back machine in our minds, and turn back the clock to:

1950's How many people can you stuff into a phone booth? Swallowing gold fish? Or, was that another generation? Remember the Beatniks? Remember the motorcycle clubs? Racing for pink slips? Jazz, and that new craze, rock and roll music?

1960's Girls were going crazy over Elvis Presley and the Beatles. Boys started emulating the Beatles and growing their hair long, smoking pot and sniffing model glue.

1970's Sex, drugs and rock and roll! Well, rock and roll until we got to disco. Remember the pet rock?! Bell bottom jeans, love beads and headbands? Mood rings? Flower children in VW micro buses?

I could go on, but I think I made my point...each generation goes a bit nutz, and has their own unique craziness. It's been that way since time began.

https://youtu.be/lf6wY0PUsO4

When the cold war was going on I don't recall a lot of travel agents advertising any junkets to go over to Russia so people could do something stupid to pi$$ off Kruchev.
And that guy was stable, even tempered and sane compared to N. Korea's leader.

This wasn't about doing something immature or dumb...it was about doing it in one of the worst places possible in the entire world.

According to the article many people are sentenced to 15 years hard labor over there for a variety of state offenses.
The average term Americans actually serve is usually about 200 days.
One opinion is the government might get him released in 1-2 years.
If he hasn't learned a lesson about stupidity so far I assume he will be a bit more educated by that time.

The real downside is he will never again be able to say the words "Mama didn't raise no fool!"

North Korea is on my vacation list, but it's behind stalking lions wearing a suit made out of rib eye steaks or playing a game of soccer using a mad skunk as the ball.

-- Tom

Heck, watch the movie Idiocracy and you will see where we are heading. :shock:

It's a very fictional movie but I can see it happening eventually.

Heck, watch the movie Idiocracy and you will see where we are heading. :shock:

It's a very fictional movie but I can see it happening eventually.

Idiocracy ignores one thing, and that is nature has a way of weeding out the weak and stupid. Like this fool in North Korea--he is stupid, and he stupidly found his way to the worst country in the world to be stupid in, and did something stupid. North Korea has taken his genes out of the gene pool for the foreseeable future, and may make it permanent, depending on how much more stupidity he engages in. Likewise, here in the US, many people who behave stupidly end up either dead or in prison, both resulting in removal from the gene pool. Unfortunately, some reproduce before being eliminated from the gene pool. However, you can't fool Mother Nature, and eventually She will correct the situation, and eliminate many through some adversity.

For vacation this year, I'm trying to decide between North Korea and hiking the mountains bordering Iran. What could go wrong?

Idiocracy ignores one thing, and that is nature has a way of weeding out the weak and stupid. Like this fool in North Korea--he is stupid, and he stupidly found his way to the worst country in the world to be stupid in, and did something stupid. North Korea has taken his genes out of the gene pool for the foreseeable future, and may make it permanent, depending on how much more stupidity he engages in. Likewise, here in the US, many people who behave stupidly end up either dead or in prison, both resulting in removal from the gene pool. Unfortunately, some reproduce before being eliminated from the gene pool. However, you can't fool Mother Nature, and eventually She will correct the situation, and eliminate many through some adversity.

I somewhat agree with your logic here , only problem is Mother Nature needs to step it up and get to work , because the stupid is starting to take over just like Kudzu does .

Well, it will be all right once Bernie Sanders and his wife get wind of it!

After all, he and his wife absolutely hate Sheriff Joe's "tent city". Those poor people housed in "tent city" have to sleep in tents in hot weather and participate in work details

If the Bern thinks a tent city is too harsh, he'll no doubt rescue the poor student from the evil North Korean savages!

Why would you voluntarily go to North Korea ? Why would you think that committing a crime while there is a good idea ? I don't feel sorry at all for this fool. He is old enough to know his actions have consequences. But how much time and tax payer money will our government waste to get him back ? :mad: Just my opinion.

Why would you voluntarily go to North Korea ? Why would you think that committing a crime while there is a good idea ? I don't feel sorry at all for this fool. He is old enough to know his actions have consequences. But how much time and tax payer money will our government waste to get him back ? :mad: Just my opinion.

Not to mention, when he does get back home, think of all the money he'll make on the talk shows, maybe a book deal. Really sets a great example to other people thinking they can go and do anything they want in other countries, get bailed out, and cash in on the experience. Personally, think you leave you rights at the border, when you travel to other countries, unless it's government business, military. Sometimes wonder if these vacation people do these things deliberately for the attention and potential cash prize.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2896822/no...rmbier-to-15-years-obama-demands-his-release/

15 years hard labor for stealing a political poster.
Probably just a N. Korean play for political leverage in negotiations which they are known for, and he probably won't serve 15 years but he sure as heck will probably serve some time before he is eventually released.

Now the questions come to mind....
With all the great places to pick for vacations in the world who in there right mind chooses this one?
Did Cabot San Lucas or any other of about a thousand better dream vacations even pop up?
I would think a foreign country that has a crazy dictator and where members of his family and high cabinets are being executed and disappearing, (executed),for doing not much else than breathing or existing, well, this might be a place to avoid at all costs.
If I was in a business that had dealings with this country and they wanted to send me there I would quit before I would even consider it.

Once you are there does it even make sense to do anything that might get you in trouble?
Does this kid have no common sense at all?

Americans think the world is like America, citizens of other countries assume all foreign lands have similar rules to theirs or think the same...not exactly true.

In Singapore you will get prison time and lashed for graffiti as 2 German youngsters found out.
Deface the colosseum or other ancient treasures in Italy with just one letter carved into brick and not only prison time but a fine big enough that would buy a very nice car...and this has happened to American and other tourists there many times.
What...just so you can take a picture to post on Facebook?

Has the world gone crazy, is there no common sense left out there...anywhere?

Maybe there have always been a large amount of idiots in this world but because of technology we just hear about their stupidity more than ever.

I weep for this generation and the state of sanity in the world today.
You said it all brother with who in their right mind would go there. As extreme as the whole crime and punishment of the act is I couldn't wrap my mind around someone wanting to go there for any reason, that to me was the most unbelievable part of the story. Unless his parents are out of their minds as well I'd liked to have heard that phone call hey Dad guess what I did this time.

Back
Top Bottom