Stealth & T-Rex Fiberglass Handles!

Ra1der5

Athletic Supporter
Forum Supporter
I've been looking FOREVER for a 1-3/8" diameter fiberglass handle for my T-Rex. I've been using a 1-1/4" Home Depot shovel handle built up with Gorilla Tape and it has worked fine, but I recently bought a used Stealth 6.5 and found myself in that boat again.

Finally, I found these from Valley Industries Corporation: HMH-PHD03 48" Fiberglass Posthole Digger Handle - Pair . I contacted Valley and they put me in touch with TT Tools. Two business days later, the handles were at my door. They fit the Stealth like a glove.

They are made for a post hole digger, so they have two 1/4" holes at the bottom. I plugged them with furniture dowels and then sealed with silicon.

Lighter than the standard wood post hole digger handles and less expensive than carbon fiber. Much better quality than the HD shovel handle and I don't have to build up the base.

Interested?
Email: [email protected]
Tell them the product number, description, address, and request a quote. It was $45 for the pair shipped to my door. They only take PayPal.

image.jpg

Raider Regards,

R5

Nice, are they reinforced inside at all? Fiberglass shovel handles normally have a wooden dowel or epoxy filling the first 18" or so for reinforcement.

Nice, are they reinforced inside at all? Fiberglass shovel handles normally have a wooden dowel or epoxy filling the first 18" or so for reinforcement.

Yes, wood dowel reinforced. See pics in the link. The fiberglass wall is about 3/32"-1/8" thick.

R5

Appreciate the link and will be getting a nice water scoop for this summer hunts. Thanks for sharing:yes:

I just set it in the T-Rex. It's a tight fit. Scraped the paint as I had to pound it in with a rubber mallet, but it s a good, solid fit.

R5

Took the Stealth for a spin today. Like the way it cuts through the pack, but that 90 degree? I wish Chuck made the 6.5 with a 20 degree...

ZERO flex in that handle. It's longer, wider, and... LIGHTER than what I was using in the T-Rex. I'm sold! (Well, technically, I bought it so I was sold before I used it :D)

R5

Hey Raider...is this T&T Tools Inc. from Spring Lake Michigan?

If so, I know the guy...A true Gentleman, generous and honest!...small American mfg..hires troubled souls and gives them a chance to get their life right...more of a mentor and helper of people, the products allow him to do that..

He also makes some cool probes the privy/cache hunters would like...
Mud

Attachments

• probe.jpg
    probe.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 1,143
  • probe-1.jpg
    probe-1.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 1,153
Hey Raider...is this T&T Tools Inc. from Spring Lake Michigan?

Mud

Hey Mud... No, TT Tools appears to be located in San Gabriel, CA.

Nice plug for your friend. People like that should move to the head of the line!

R5

Just one last comment... okay, two...

I am seeing some flex in this fiberglass handle, but certainly not as much as the 1-1/4" I was previously using in the T-Rex.

The wood dowel at the base is about 8" long. I would prefer ~18"-24". A longer dowel would reduce the flex.

Still a great handle at $22.50 each. No more shovel handles for me!

Raider Regards,

R5

NOTE: After about eight months using this handle, I heard the bottom of the handle crack in the Stealth 6.5 (my backup scoop). I cut it off at the crack and saw just about four inches of wood core in the bottom of the handle. Not a problem if using the handle as it was designed, but for us beach diggers, I recommend replacing it with at least 12-18" solid wood core.

Raider Regards,

R5

NOTE: After about eight months using this handle, I heard the bottom of the handle crack in the Stealth 6.5 (my backup scoop). I cut it off at the crack and saw just about four inches of wood core in the bottom of the handle. Not a problem if using the handle as it was designed, but for us beach diggers, I recommend replacing it with at least 12-18" solid wood core.

Raider Regards,

R5
That stinks, but thanks for sharing

That stinks, but thanks for sharing

Hey David! It's okay, when you know what you're getting into... so now everyone who reads this thread knows. Still, I think it's a good handle. Thick and the only 1-3/8" fiberglass I could find. Just buy a 1" diameter closet rod and you're good for about four shafts.

Raider Regards,

R5

Last edited:
I recommend a carbon fiber handle for anyone with the cash to spare. They're light, strong as can be, and have awesome grip even when wet. Not to mention a lifetime warranty.

Back
Top Bottom