Stay Safe This Holiday!

Ra1der5

Athletic Supporter
Forum Supporter
With the Holidays upon us, I would like to share a recent experience with my MD friends about drinking and driving.

Last Sunday, before the Raider/Green Bay game, a fellow MDer invited me to an open house at his motorcycle shop. I met new friends and had a few beers, but when it was time to go, I realized I might be slightly over the limit. So, I did something I've never done before... I TOOK A CAB!

Folks, really; this is the best way to ensure you get home, even if you've just had a couple. Sure enough, on the way, there was a police road block but since it was a cab they waved it through and I avoided the dreaded DUI. I have never driven a cab before, I don't know where I got it, and now that it's in my garage I don't know what to do with it!

:D

HAPPY HOLIDAYS, MERRY CHRISTMAS, AND STAY SAFE!

R5

Sorry for the both of you..... Steeler fan here..... ;)

Good post though, everyone stay safe!!!!

:laughing:

Although, super good advice! Just a few beers can cost a guy 10k for starters.....I will say, its getting very tough to avoid the people texting or on their phones while driving...super dangerous...
Mud.

:laughing:

I will say, its getting very tough to avoid the people texting or on their phones while driving...super dangerous...
Mud.

I feel the penalty(ies) for texting & driving should be the SAME as drinking & driving. I average 16,000 miles a year on my motorcycle. The vast majority of close calls come from someone staring in their lap or I can see them using the touch screen.

Funny......:lol::lol: (Eagles fan here...:()
You and I can do the two-man-wave while watching the playoffs.

Sorry for the both of you..... Steeler fan here..... ;).
Yeah... but the Raiders d@mned near gave you a heart attack, didn't they! :yes:

:laughing: Although, super good advice! Just a few beers can cost a guy 10k for starters.....I will say, its getting very tough to avoid the people texting or on their phones while driving...super dangerous...
Mud.
:thumbsup: Just another way to put across the same message. And yes... people on their phones drive me nuts. If it's so important, just pull it over. One less car for me to contend with on my commute home!

R5

A "W" is a "W", whether by 1 or by 100....... ;)

Here on the left coast we don't ask how, we ask how many. Sadly, not enough for my Raiders. :( None the less, I'm not payin' for your visit to the cardiologist! :D

R5

Yeah, I drive a lot for business...never seen such a mess like this since these cell phones came out...a guy has to concentrate at all times and even get off the road during certain hours...Told the Wife, this is about as dangerous as I've ever seen it out here...
Mud

Good decision!

It's not worth the damage you could do to someone else, yourself or your wallet.

Yeah, I drive a lot for business...never seen such a mess like this since these cell phones came out...a guy has to concentrate at all times and even get off the road during certain hours...Told the Wife, this is about as dangerous as I've ever seen it out here...
Mud

Back in the day, there were enough car accidents related to just people playing with their radios.
With these phones, I've seen people all over the road when they are just talking, never mind texting.

This year the state of NH went to a hands free law. A good public service announcement was very convincing to even the people (like myself) who don't live in NH. Learn to be responsible!

Blue tooth technology is a great holiday gift too.

I was wondering why the taxi driver need to use the phone :laughing:

Darth... Keep the pumpkin hootch AWAY from The Lama! I saw him steeling some kids trike with his lady friend on the back.

:beers:

R5

Had to read through that one twice David before it kicked in! :roll::laughing::laughing: Merry Christmas! :santa:

Hey Ron! Good to see the invisible man :fright: last I saw you was Vets Day and I forgot to tell you, thanks for your service! Now... Go find some treasure and stay clear of taxis! :laughing:

Here on the left coast we don't ask how, we ask how many. Sadly, not enough for my Raiders. :( None the less, I'm not payin' for your visit to the cardiologist! :D

R5

Hey, I may be a Steeler fan, but I have been living in San Diego for 19 years, so I know where you're coming from (Chargers)....... ;)

LOL!!!! Love it and this coming from a Packers fan. Nothing against the Raiders. Happy you got Woodson back after a long loaner to us. To bad he's finally retiring.

Back
Top Bottom