Shovel Holsters

Digger-Dave

Forum Supporter
I was wondering how many of us use shovel holsters.

These look like a good accessory to have when out digging with our shovels.

I plan on getting something like a 31" Sampson and could see a holster being useful.

just bought one from colonial metal detectors $12 plus $2.60 shipping a must need

Attachments

• ImageProxy.jpg
    ImageProxy.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 470
Ice. Scratcher, just last night I came up with this brilliant idea of making a shovel holder out of a hammer holder. I see you already invented it!

Ice. Scratcher, just last night I came up with this brilliant idea of making a shovel holder out of a hammer holder. I see you already invented it!

Yep, works great. Used a scrap piece of stainless sheet to stiffen the leather.. You can see the piece I took off lying there in the one picture, it was riveted on...

The T-nut fasteners are nice, being flush.. Those are available in stainless too.. I made mine really fast and cheap, but still built to last..

<°)))>{

Yep, works great. Used a scrap piece of stainless sheet to stiffen the leather.. You can see the piece I took off lying there in the one picture, it was riveted on...

The T-nut fasteners are nice, being flush.. Those are available in stainless too.. I made mine really fast and cheap, but still built to last..

<°)))>{

Im even thinking of going with a carpenters bag as well. The other night I was researching all these finds bags, even custom leather ones. The carpenters bag looks like a great idea!

Cool!

I tell you what ....food for thought....I had to take my computer into the computer fixit place this week..when I went to pick it up, I casually asked the Poindexter, "Say, I've heard these computer towers contain some really strong magnets" He upped and said, "you have NO idea" Then he brought out a set, and holy merciful merde! He was not kidding! He gave me a pair, been playing with them all week, and I tell you what, some sort of magnet shovel hangar would be just about the bomb!

These things are so danged strong, small too, easily modified into some sort of shovel holster or something...a guy would have to be careful with them though..they would stick you right to your car door if you had them on your belt!
Mud

Cool!

I tell you what ....food for thought....I had to take my computer into the computer fixit place this week..when I went to pick it up, I casually asked the Poindexter, "Say, I've heard these computer towers contain some really strong magnets" He upped and said, "you have NO idea" Then he brought out a set, and holy merciful merde! He was not kidding! He gave me a pair, been playing with them all week, and I tell you what, some sort of magnet shovel hangar would be just about the bomb!

These things are so danged strong, small too, easily modified into some sort of shovel holster or something...a guy would have to be careful with them though..they would stick you right to your car door if you had them on your belt!

Mud

Where exactly would they be in a computer? I have one sitting in my shop in pieces already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just bought an Omega Mill Relic Elite. It's very well made. I liked it from the start but the material and belt are beginning to settle in so I'm liking it even more.

Save your money

I have one like Stinger has, but never use it, as you will find out with the 31 , walking with it in a holster it will beat your leg, I swing with the left, hold the shovel with the right.

I just carry my 31 Sampson but I've noticed, many guys use the big wide tool belts. Myself included. Best thing I ever did was add a pair of heavy duty Deluthe Trading Company suspenders to put all that weight on my shoulders. Great help. At the end of a relic hunt I might have 8 pounds of horse shoes (looking for cannon balls) and other asst iron junk.

if you never used it how do you know? be sides have a mini 18 sampson

He just likes to argue...(see his reply history) LOL

I have a 31 in sampson ball handle in a holster I designed, does NOT touch my leg or side, and i know, because I actually own one!:lol:

I found out the hard way that having a holster for the blade when storing it is nice to have. I put my detector in the trunk and when I put the shovel in the serrated edge got caught on the coil cable and put a nice cut in it. Here's one that BUZZ WILSON makes.

picture.php

Where exactly would they be in a computer? I have one sitting in my shop in pieces already.

I think its where your hard drive is...they are unmistakeable...these are super strong! takes a huge amount of force to pull them apart...I can imagine just attaching one to the very back of a guys belt, and sticking the digger on it sort of cross wise...
I'll dink around and take some pictures in a little...
Mud

image.jpg
This is actually the first one that appeared back when everyone one was wondering how to carry your shovel. Then are the others followed.

Back
Top Bottom