Explain a felix penny please!!

ugadigger

Elite Member
I keep seeing you guys talk about "felix pennies"...I think I've found one or two in my lifetime, but maybe someone can post a pic? wanna know what you all are talking about! :(. Maybe Felix can tell me...

Felix pennies are crusty worthless zinc pennies.... he likes to try and clean them and get money for them... I throw them in the trash :lol:

image.jpg

:heartylaugh:

R5

Never pass on digging up a Felix because it could be a big 10k class ring! :wow:

They are zinc (modern) pennies in various stages of corrosion. I used to wonder what everyone meant by "Felix pennies," too, until I ran across a post explaining it. They are really annoying to dig up but you don't want to ignore them in case it's something good.

Good Felix Seal of Approval!

I am Felix, the originator and defender of the Felix Penny and I approve this thread! :yes::lol:

I am Felix, the originator and defender of the Felix Penny and I approve this thread! :yes::lol:

There you are you sultan of the sand! I had a feeling you were some how connected to the label LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt you'll hear the inane "felix penny" term any place outside this forum. Kind of reminds me of the inane "sil in the poc" lingo of the detector show.

At first I was going to say, Hey! I thought I ruled all things Zinc! But after careful consideration, I'll let you have em Felix! Like I told Swing the other night. "My new AT Pro sure makes a distinct sound over zincolns.....the sound of diarrhea!" :laughing:

I've always tumbled those pennies too, they cash in just as good as a regular cent. Monies money...

Last year at the end of the season I had two zip lock bags of pennies that were too coroded for the coinmachine so while I was working downtown I had thrown them all over the sidewalks. It was fun watching all the bums scavenge them up.

Reactions: q52
I always load up the "need a penny" container by cash registers with those. I bet the cashiers hate putting those in their registers.

Back
Top Bottom