Green and silver

FoiledAgain

Elite Member
It's been a couple weeks since I've been able to get out. One place I've hit many times is still producing greenies and some older stuff, but the gold hasn't made an appearance. A really ugly sterling ring and seven silver dimes saved the day. One of the dimes is a 1943 Canadian, which has fared much better in the saltwater than the toasted US silvers. The pennies are all copper (no Felixes :lol:), with a couple wheats, and there's an undated buffalo nickel in the mix. Also an interesting copper bracelet. Happy hunting out there!

Foiled

Attachments

• IMG_2623.JPG
    IMG_2623.JPG
    156.8 KB · Views: 527
  • IMG_2626.JPG
    IMG_2626.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 530
  • IMG_2627.JPG
    IMG_2627.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 538
Nice work on the silvers man! The Canadian, not sure if you know or not, is actually 80% silver, could be why it held up better than our 90%...

That copper bracelet looks like it could be really, really old, like before WE got here old....

Hope we both see some gold soon... I am feeling like I need to wait for the depositors before I find more...:?:

<*)))>{

Thanks Ice. I have no clue about the age of the bracelet but I'm going to clean it up. If it looks decent I'll give it to one of my granddaughters along with some junk rings for 'dress-up' play. ;)

Good run. Pretty crusty greenies...... got to be some gold out there when it kicking up those colors.

Dew

Great idea!

The pennies are all copper (no Felixes :lol:), with a couple wheats, and there's an undated buffalo nickel in the mix.
The Lincoln Composition Proclamation!
Henceforth let it be known, that any penny that is composed primarily of zinc (also referred to as Z-Linc), will be known as a "Felix" in honor of his staunch support of this much maligned form of monetary currency against all evil doers and naysayers of the detecting world.

Ice is right. However any Canadian silver coin before 1920 is actually 925 silver or more than our standard 900 silver.

Nice score on the silvers. They do add up.

Henceforth let it be known, that any penny that is composed primarily of zinc (also referred to as Z-Linc), will be known as a "Felix" in honor of his staunch support of this much maligned form of monetary currency against all evil doers and naysayers of the detecting world.

I'm all over that one man, a zinc is now a Felix! :cool:

You are hitting the old deep ones, the no gold part I know well when hitting the big water! :grin:

Hear Ye, Hear Ye! Let it so be known throughout the land of Swingdignscoop! May ye prosper and survive longer than your namesake!

:laughing::goodluck::laughing:

Good run. Pretty crusty greenies...... got to be some gold out there when it kicking up those colors.

Dew
Thanks Dew. It's prime territory for the old gold I like best to find.

Ice is right. However any Canadian silver coin before 1920 is actually 925 silver or more than our standard 900 silver.

Nice score on the silvers. They do add up.

Thanks Scuba. Wafer by wafer, I'll eventually have enough to pay for a burger and a cup of coffee. :lol:

You are hitting the old deep ones, the no gold part I know well when hitting the big water! :grin:

Thanks Irons. The gold will come, I just have to keep working it. In the meantime, I'm happy to scoop up these old crusties.

Yep, that's a lot of green crud..... :lol:

Nice finds! Good day of scooping......

Yep, that's a lot of green crud..... :lol:
Nice finds! Good day of scooping......

Thanks V. Not even minimum wage but then I don't expect to get paid for having fun. ;)

Nice finds Brian... I heard on the news this morning that Mary Lee was headed up your way... I thought about her when I was out hunting in waist deep water in the fog :lol:

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Mary-Lee-Great-White-Shark-Jersey-Shore-303042061.html

Thanks Craig. Yeah, Mary Lee will be passing you before she gets to us. Make sure you don't look like a seal in the water, and I'd appreciate a warning if she takes a bite out of your shorts. :lol:

Thanks Ice. I have no clue about the age of the bracelet but I'm going to clean it up. If it looks decent I'll give it to one of my granddaughters along with some junk rings for 'dress-up' play. ;)

Make sure that bracelet isn't a few thousand years old first...

Nice saves all around.

Back
Top Bottom