Any one Intrested in the Philippines

davidlhyde63366

Forum Supporter
Check out Dirtyknees post on (My biggest reward ever ) great story and great pictures from the Philippines. For those who have never visited a 3rd world country you will find it intresting and moving. Ken is over there on vacation right now. :detector:

I've been to Manila three times for work.. The people are over the top friendly.. Unfortunately I didn't get outside of the city much, but enjoyed it just the same.. Heck of a long way from New York..

i enjoyed ur stories and pics Ken, which part of Bohol again ur wife lives? i will be in Cebu this Dec. visit my mom n siblings. my brother is eager to see my detector. he thought im a hot shot now looking for Yamashita's gold. haha
but im not sure now if i will bring my Explorer. im afraid it might get damage from long baggage handling from here. my place has lots of historic sites. the beach along had seen WWII battle. churches from spanish era circa 1600 but all of these places have been develope. there is no more original soil mostly covered by cement. when the famous SRP (south reclamation project) was under construction they pass under an old spanish forth (Forth San Pedro) where they uncover relics dating back to the Spanish colonization era. WWII bombs and human remains...Real Estate business ruined these historical areas.

i enjoyed ur stories and pics Ken, which part of Bohol again ur wife lives? i will be in Cebu this Dec. visit my mom n siblings. my brother is eager to see my detector. he thought im a hot shot now looking for Yamashita's gold. haha
but im not sure now if i will bring my Explorer. im afraid it might get damage from long baggage handling from here. my place has lots of historic sites. the beach along had seen WWII battle. churches from spanish era circa 1600 but all of these places have been develope. there is no more original soil mostly covered by cement. when the famous SRP (south reclamation project) was under construction they pass under an old spanish forth (Forth San Pedro) where they uncover relics dating back to the Spanish colonization era. WWII bombs and human remains...Real Estate business ruined these historical areas.

My wife is from Bicol. on the island of Luzon. Daves wife is from Bohol. I have never had any trouble with my detectors during flights. When I pack them in the suite case, I take it apart as much as I can. Wrap each piece up in clothes. I will take string and tie each one real good. Take the batteries out. Like I said, Never in 13 years any trouble... KEN

I have been there in many places - Manila, Tacloban, Marabut, Boracay, Subic, etc. I don't remember all places, but I visited at least 7 different islands and around 20 places. I love that country and people. I had few nice girlfriends over there.

I was there in '77 and had a very good time. I was at Clark AB and surrounding area. Too hot for me but I survived :D

I met my wife in Cebu, she is from Butuan, Mindanao....Country is beautiful, waters are crystal clear in Cebu and people are amazing. Lot of beautiful women there too...

690c231b970fd833816a30e7dd76cc53.jpg

967f2d34b82c84f5af938f7defbd2be3.jpg

b1c52c3b0b77d665c538fccb0ace1a31.jpg

Pictures are not mine....

My wife and I spent 27 months years, while working for the US Peace Corps, living in a little nipa a couple of miles north of Maasin, Southern Leyte beginning in 1986. The country is beautiful but the real attraction are the people. I'd love to go back someday.

I didn't own a detector back then but used to hiked in the hills along the coast and pick up old broken Chinese pottery shards. I brought some of the pieces back and brag on my Ming and Sang pottery collection.

I lived there for 3 years in Subic Bay right off olongapo. What a culture shock to say the least.

I grew up and still live around a bunch of Filipinos. Filipino food is so good it will make your tongue knock your teeth loose:lol:

Bohol Philippines

My wife is from the town of Loay , about a 1/2 hour from Tagabalarian the big city there. David L .Hyde

it is heart-warming to that know that there are poeple here like my country. i thank you guys yes Philippines is one beautiful country from SouthEast Asia. before the war it was the most booming country in asia economy wise. a divers place to live in now it becomes third world nation. but even though we fall to that category, what we lack in wealth we are rich in happiness. Filipinos are known to be happy people.
@Dirtfishing: it's jeepney; from the military vehicle that the US guys brought during the war. when it was over they left them to us and we converted them to what is now known as "Jeepneys" our means of transportation. that picture full of people... this usually happened in the province going to remote places where less jeepney travels so they pack it with passengers and goods in one trip.
@ David: i have relatives from Loay and Tagbilaran from my mother's side.

It's rumored that there is a lot of treasure buried there !:detector:
no roumors bro its true..japs hid their loot all over the country. in the 70s a golden buddah weighs over a ton filled with gems and gold was found by a hardcore treasure hunter (he was given a map by a Japanese officers) but during the Marcos regime the gov't took it. the guy was murdered and the said golden buddah is now part of the Marcos ill-gotten wealth.

no roumors bro its true..japs hid their loot all over the country. in the 70s a golden buddah weighs over a ton filled with gems and gold was found by a hardcore treasure hunter (he was given a map by a Japanese officers) but during the Marcos regime the gov't took it. the guy was murdered and the said golden buddah is now part of the Marcos ill-gotten wealth.

I saw a piece about this on TV , from what I saw , there is still no positive truth to this . But I have no proof saying it isn't true either .
I am trying to get the time to go to the Phillipines , not real sure how I can take the heat over there tho .

well just a heads up...VERY HUMID! if you go there by April thru May it is our summer. pass that will be rainy season.
back to that treasure. the reason why people there dont engaged to treasure hunting cause we are very superstitious. a slight anomally around us we either believe its the Dark force doing it...Im pretty sure you will enjoy ur visit there. :)

Back
Top Bottom