AT Pro - Faceplate Decal Removed Photo

Dsm_mechva

Forum Supporter
Ever wondered what the Garrett AtPro looks like behind the faceplate decal?
I recently replaced mine so figured I would share a picture for anyone that is curious.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 1,868
If you experience a line through your screen (that moves when you touch it), this means the decal has lost it's adhesive grip there, call Garrett and have them send you a replacement decal, It is easy to replace.

It is cosmetic and has no bearing on the water proof seal. As you can see in the photo above the electronics are inside a plastic waterproof enclosure.

I know of a few people that have experienced this issue so I figured I would share the info.

Gasp - a NAKED AT Pro?!?

I thought this was a family friendly forum and we didn't go in for nudity and stuff ....

You should put NSFW in the title .... you might even get more views .... :laughing:

Exact same thing here. Before and after pictures. This is what it looks like with a "Crack" Thats not a crack but the separation between the decal and plastic faceplate like DSM Said. Just got done talking with Hilda at Garrett. Sending me a new adhesive decal for face plate. I've had two layers of clear tape over the front of mine for a year because I thought it was actually cracked. Figured if I'm sending it in anyways ($40+ Parts, not under warranty anymore) I'd look myself to confirm if it is cracked. NO crack so I called her directly and new decal on the way. Was it difficult to make sure you get it centered and have NO air bubbles under it?

Attachments

• IMG_20150303_152351902.jpg
    IMG_20150303_152351902.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,590
  • IMG_20150304_151312609.jpg
    IMG_20150304_151312609.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 1,377
Last edited:
Exact same thing here. Before and after pictures. This is what it looks like with a "Crack" Thats not a crack but the separation between the decal and plastic faceplate like DSM Said. Just got done talking with Hilda at Garrett. Sending me a new adhesive decal for face plate. I've had two layers of clear tape over the front of mine for a year because I thought it was actually cracked. Figured if I'm sending it in anyways ($40+ Parts, not under warranty anymore) I'd look myself to confirm if it is cracked. NO crack so I called her directly and new decal on the way. Was it difficult to make sure you get it centered and have NO air bubbles under it?

Sorry I just noticed your question.

It was simple. It is thick not like putting on a thin film phone screen protector type thing so I didn't have any bubble issues.

Line it up from the bottom, the button spaces will help you line it up properly.

Last edited:
Tis ok.. Have not gotten face plate sticker yet.. ???? Wonder whats taking over a WEEK to get from Texas to Wisconsin? Garrett usually faster than that.

We had 4 different ice events over 2 weeks here (Dallas). I had some shipments delayed because of it.

I just did mine too. Had a thin line running right through the VID and I too thought it was cracked on the inside. Called Garrett and they mailed me a new one and now it's good to go. The hardest part was carefully removing the protective backing on the decal without bending it.

Tis ok.. Have not gotten face plate sticker yet.. ???? Wonder whats taking over a WEEK to get from Texas to Wisconsin? Garrett usually faster than that.

Thanks for posting the picture showing the line, I forgot to take one.

I waited to removed mine until after Garrett sent the new one just incase it took awhile or etc.

I will say the main thing IMO is making sure ALL the old adhesive residue is cleaned off before you put the new decal on or else you will see hi and low spots

So I guess I don't have to worry about scratching up the display!

I was wondering why I couldn't find covers for the At Pro.

Thanks for the info.

the instructions state this, but if someone doesn't follow them they will find out the hard way...ask me how I know...:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom