Score of a lifetime!

DaMangRon

Forum Supporter
When to my dump bank today to get rid of a box of halves and when the woman came to change the coin bag I got my usual hand full of foreign coins and she left.

Then after the machine was done counting I could still hear change going around the hopper...but it wasn't getting counted. I looked through the holes in the intake shoot aand I could see a peace dollar in there! So I called the teller back over and told her my grandfather gave me these halves to cash in for him but I think there was an old large dollar coin that got stuck.

WELL......not 1 coin but 19!!!!! 10 peace 8 morgan and an Ike! I also found a silver rosie in the reject slot. Unbelievable!

Attachments

• 20140616_173247.jpg
    20140616_173247.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 2,908
  • 20140616_173758.jpg
    20140616_173758.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 2,885
  • 20140616_173838.jpg
    20140616_173838.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 2,890
You got a wheat cent in your foreign coin picture.

So there's really no grandpa right? Some clueless person before you dumped in those silver dollars and somehow they stayed in there while you processed your halfs? Sorry bit confused how those got bypassed. Or were they really your grandfather's?

Sorry, just couldn't follow the story for some reason.

Either way, congrats on all that silver and the pile of foreign coins plus a wheat cent. :)

You got a wheat cent in your foreign coin picture.

So there's really no grandpa right? Some clueless person before you dumped in those silver dollars and somehow they stayed in there while you processed your halfs? Sorry bit confused how those got bypassed. Or were they really your grandfather's?

Sorry, just couldn't follow the story for some reason.

Either way, congrats on all that silver and the pile of foreign coins plus a wheat cent. :)

There's no grandfather...that's just my cover story whenever I talk to a teller. The big spinning hopper in the machine has different size holes for the coins to fall through to be counted, but no hole bigger than a 50 cent piece. So the dollar coins where just going around and around with no place to go....till I showed up.

And the wheat is a steel cent...that's why it was on the magnet :)

One of the best CoinStar finds I've seen in years! (only thing that beats that is someone on another forum that had shown a $5 gold coin they found in one)

and they are in decent shape. congrats. amazing score. Prob 450-500$ easy in dollars there. worth more than a 5$ gold actually.. toss up as to what I'd rather find... either would be fine..

There's no grandfather...that's just my cover story whenever I talk to a teller. The big spinning hopper in the machine has different size holes for the coins to fall through to be counted, but no hole bigger than a 50 cent piece. So the dollar coins where just going around and around with no place to go....till I showed up.

And the wheat is a steel cent...that's why it was on the magnet :)

That is just awesome haha. I've only used a coin machine once, so I'm Not that learned in that area :) thanks for the details. Amazing, and crazy, what people will dump into those things.

That's a serious score there haha. Right place, right time, right grandfather.

and they are in decent shape. congrats. amazing score. Prob 450-500$ easy in dollars there. worth more than a 5$ gold actually.. toss up as to what I'd rather find... either would be fine..

Yup! Probably gonna sell em on feebay...because of all the free coins I get from these machines I try to hit 2 or 3 of them a week. I get $500 in halves from my real bank every week...and I split them into 3 bags....only takes $100 in halves to require a teller to change the bag :) I love to help the banks keep their coin machines nice and clean...haha.

Right place at the right time and quick thinking to boot.

I can't help but think about the unfortunate person that dropped those silver dollars in the coinstar not knowing what they were. They probably were just hard up for money and raided their grandparents coin collection.

That's a heck of a score! You would think the person who dumped them would have realized they were stuck in the machine and not counted even if they didn't know what they were. I'm guessing they were stolen and they didn't want to be caught by asking the teller to open the machine.

That's a heck of a score! You would think the person who dumped them would have realized they were stuck in the machine and not counted even if they didn't know what they were. I'm guessing they were stolen and they didn't want to be caught by asking the teller to open the machine.

Could be...I only go to the td banks close to my job in Newark NJ. I like to hit those TDs because they are in the ghetto and there's always a handful of foreign coins on the magnet just waiting for me :) I've gone to a few TDs close to my house, which is pretty rural and the machines are always super clean and hardly anything on the magnet.

Back
Top Bottom