Wireless Headphones/Bluetooth transmitter

jww311

So I have been doing a little research tonight for about the past 2 hours on how to get a wireless headphone setup in which I can connect both my cell phone and my detector to a single pair of headphones. This is very important for me because I find one of the most distracting things to do while hunting is to have to stop and look at your phone and take a call and get your phone all sweaty because your out digging all day in the hot sun. According to the user manual for the headphones it is possible to pair 2 devices to the same time to the headphones (cell phone and blue tooth transmitter).

The headphones I found are the Motorola s305 which are bluetooth enabled and have a microphone for taking wireless calls. I am going to pair that with the Miccus Mini-jack TX: Bluetooth Music Transmitter, which from what I have researched has no lag. I just wanted to share this information with everyone so they can have the same hassle free detecting experience I am hoping to have.

Bluetooth transmitter:
http://www.amazon.com/Miccus-Mini-j...r=1-9&keywords=bluetooth+wireless+transmitter

Motorola S305 Bluetook head phones:
http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Blue...&sr=1-2&keywords=motorola+wireless+headphones

User manual for headphones pages 20-21 for pairing 2 devices
https://www.motorola.com/moto_care/manuals/S305_QSG.pdf

I have never used the Bluetooth but have heard a lot of guys who have tried them complained about a delay in the signal and trouble pin pointing.
I have used the TDK WR700 and the Auvio 33-283 with great success and love them both. A cheaper alternative is the Rapoo wireless
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/360868645828?lpid=82
They operate on the same 2.4 GHz as the more expensive ones mentioned above.
Personally I leave the cell phone at home when I go detecting.

I was planning on getting this motorola headphones anyways so I could play music off my phone but figured hey why not kill 2 birds with one stone and see if its possible to pair them with a blue tooth transmitter connected to my detector. I got so tired of the headphone wires getting in my way when hunting that I just want a wireless alternative. Maybe if I got some headphones with a coiled wire that stretches instead of stupid Ipod headphones i will be more satisfied lol

So those auvio headphones work pretty good?

They work so good that I have snatched up every pair I could find (I have 4 sets!) They are hard to find. The TDK WR700 are just as good but go for right around $100 - $125 used on eBay.
I cannot tell you how nice it is not being tethered to my machine and getting the headphones ripped off every time I kneel down to dig a target.

I've been using Bluetooth for about 3 years now, works great for me. I'm not noticing any of that 'lag' that people keep bringing up, figure it got the bad reputation for a much older version of Bluetooth. My transmitter is version 2.3, my earpiece is version 3.0. Think before smartphones, and all the video, lag wasn't a big issue with calls and audio, didn't have to sync with anything. Bluetooth is version 4.0 now, though haven't seen any transmitters past version 2.3, but really haven't looked. I pinpoint, and get right to the target with my detector, never found a need to super-tune the ProPointer to do the job on my knees.

I don't use a cell phone, so can't help on the pairing, or know if it will connect both at the same time. Anyway, I like the Bluetooth, get clear audio, never any static or interruptions. The Jabra Extreme2 earpiece I got last year is plenty loud, much better fit than the old one I had.

So how do you get 2 devices to talk to the same head phones.. from what I had heard, blue tooth is device to device.. as in one talks the other listens but only one..

Another way to get wireless with no lag is to use an fm transmitter and your standard head phones plugged into a walkman or small battery power fm radio you probably have in drawer someplace.. Many people also have old fm transmitters they bought when ipods first came out for their cars.. I did not have one of these so I built a transmitter and it works very well.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=182812

Ya I do not know how it works, according to the user manuel for the Motorola s305's you can connect 2 devices at once to the headphones via bluetooth. I am thinking that they way it work is that the bluetooth transmitter is consistently sending audio to the headphones, when my phone rings it overrides the metal detector and allows me to take the call from my phone on the head set. Then when the call ends it goes back to transmitting the metal detecting tones. I'm not planning on talking on the phone and detecting at the same time. Basically I just want to get it to be able to take a call if i need to while hunting and not having to worry about fumbling around in my pockets for my phone and having to take off gloves and what not.

I tried Bluetooth.....and the lag was intolerable. That was three years ago and they were the latest version at the time.

I've also tried FM. There isn't a lag, but they are susceptible to interference, and since FM compresses the signal the general audio quality stunk. They maybe OK for beep & dig use, but not for serious hunting.

Went with "Kleer Technology" phones (no longer available Auvio 33-283) and bought three sets. If/when they no longer function, I'll track down a set of TDK WR700's or whatever else is then available that are similar.

I have read about the lag associated with the bluetooth headphones, but that was with the 2.3 bluetooth technology...now the technology is up to 3.0 or above and from what I have read there is no lag any more. I was planning on getting these blue tooth head phones anyways for work and driving because i cannot stand the earpieces that are only on one ear. So if the bluetooth doesnt work out with the metal detector as I wish, then I will just try out those kleer technology headphones

Back
Top Bottom