10 days 6 silvers and other interesting finds!

sgtwilks

Forum Supporter
View attachment 241031I found the merc the 40' Washington,the heart and key and the pentagram pendant at an old swimming lake in south jersey. I found the large copper,the token,the 1908? NY worlds fair bracelet,the 34' Washington and the big silver ring at a ball field that was a train station at the turn of the century. All the jewelry is marked sterling the big red/purple tested positive as a diamond but I believe it is a ruby.

I used my explorer se pro set to deep,gain at 8 at the ball field and 9 at the swimming lake. The rest of the settings maxed out ,sens at 32. I dug almost all the silver near other metal objects most were iffy signal but saw some diggable signals mixed in.

The name engraved in the bracelet is Temple.

Attachments

• 2013-10-09_16-51-10_476.jpg
    2013-10-09_16-51-10_476.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 1,659
  • 2013-10-09_16-53-47_601.jpg
    2013-10-09_16-53-47_601.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 1,659
  • 2013-10-09_17-29-36_937.jpg
    2013-10-09_17-29-36_937.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 1,656
Last edited:
Is that a real Pine Tree Shilling?

If so that is an awesome find even if it isn't I'd !!!! my pants if I found it. Good hunting by the way.

Shane

If so that is an awesome find even if it isn't I'd !!!! my pants if I found it. Good hunting by the way.

Shane

Thanks Shane I am going to have it checked out. I used my diamond selector 2 meter and set it per directions I tested the stone and it maxed the meter. I checked my wifes engagement ring and it reacted the same way. I tested other stones and the meter did not react at all. I dont know. I think ruby is almost as hard as a diamond. Thanks again.
Cliff

In the top right,that looks like a Mass. Pine tree.Can you ID it?

Shut the front door...Sarge, that shilling on the top right is one of the holy grails of metal detecting.

Shane

Very interesting.Nice finds congrats.

Something tells me that he doesn't realize what he has there :)

^^^ This ^^^

Shut the front door...Sarge, that shilling on the top right is one of the holy grails of metal detecting.

Congrats on some awesome finds!!

I know! I'm like what the heck! Does he not realize?[/

That thing?? It does not feel like a coin. It is light. Here is a better picture. It was in the same hole 3 inches away from that large copper. The coin weights 4.9 grams ans is rather thin. I think another mder left this thing as a joke.

Attachments

• 2013-10-09_22-04-49_532.jpg
    2013-10-09_22-04-49_532.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,566
  • 2013-10-09_22-05-50_78.jpg
    2013-10-09_22-05-50_78.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 1,577
Last edited:
Wait wait wait wait WAIT!!! Sarge! What do you have there in the upper right corner??!! Are you toying with us??!!:?:

LOL

Lets just say that most people don't even have this on their bucket list because the chance of actually finding one is extremely rare.

http://amhistory.si.edu/coins/printable/coin.cfm

AWESOME find!

This is by far the best find you have ever made.... and I don't even have a clue of any of your other finds.

But I'd be willing to say with great confidence that you will never find a rarer coin.

The best part about this is that you don't even know what you have :laughing:

Wait wait wait wait WAIT!!! Sarge! What do you have there in the upper right corner??!! Are you toying with us??!!:?:

LOL

Lets just say that most people don't even have this on their bucket list because the chance of actually finding one is extremely rare.

http://amhistory.si.edu/coins/printable/coin.cfm

AWESOME find!

This is by far the best find you have ever made.... and I don't even have a clue of any of your other finds.

But I'd be willing to say with great confidence that you will never find a rarer coin.

The best part about this is that you don't even know what you have :laughing:

I just thought it was a token. Im glad you guys got a laugh at my expence. It is silver but just feels light. I can bend it easily.

For real?

Ok, so you have 1300 posts, share nice but ordinary finds and don't mention or ask about the silver disc with the pine tree with a 1600s date in it?

This is a joke, right?

On the other hand, it looks like you have a Nazi coin you also didn't mention. That's nice but no pine tree shilling.

About the large copper...

Gang, I think I can make out a small star on the large copper, at about the 5:30 position in the big photo. A little way in from the edge.

Is that a hint of a series of dots around the bottom edge, like an 1860s large cent? I don't think is a large cent.

Original poster... If you found those two coins close to each other, chances are there may be more there. Two old ones is even more rare.

Can you get a better photo of both sides of that copper? Good light, etc? Its dimensions?

Back
Top Bottom