Creek hunt = old coins

Irons

Forum Supporter
I hit a deer with my good car Sunday so I'm restricted to hunting around the house until it's fixed, unless I want to spend $55 a day on gas for my truck. :roll:

I have a creek that runs through my old small town that is always good for old coins so I hit that for a couple hours today.

Got a 1864 2 cent piece, my first!! :wow: Lol I didn't even know they existed. Also a indian head but it's too crusted to date. I have it soaking in peroxide.

Good hunting out there folks and when you head out to hunt early in the morning watch out for kamikaze deer, the bass turds will ruin your day.

july 014RS.jpg

july 016RS.jpg

july 018RS.jpg

july 022RS.jpg

july 024RS.jpg

july 025RS.jpg

july 004RS.jpg

july 001RS.jpg

july 027RS.jpg

july 028RS.jpg

Irons... you take great shots.. I enjoy your posts... you have yourself some nice spots to hunt as well :yes:

I have always liked the 2 cent coin. I think its neato because of the oddity of two cents, and because it was the first American coin to have the motto "in god we trust" which is now on all of our money. So I think it is neat piece of history. My other favorite coin is the 1917 standing liberty quarter where her breast is exposed. later they changed the design so her toga to covered both breasts... I just think that's neato....probably my juvenile mind ;)

Congratulations!!! I think I paid $20 for my 2 cent coin.

Wow pretry neat to see in the water b4 retrieval nce going

Thanks! :D

That was a fun one, it rang a solid 78 which is a coin high tone but an odd number. So I looked down and I was like "Well, there's a coin right there!" :laughing:

So I reached down and picked it up. :grin:

Irons... you take great shots.. I enjoy your posts... you have yourself some nice spots to hunt as well :yes:

Thank you! I'm blessed with being in the right place at the right time. The places I live and spend my time in were good sized prosperous areas 100 years ago.

Now they are just sleepy resort areas with some summer cottage folks.

Nice finds there! Man, I wish I had creeks here. Just alligators. If I detected when I lived in Virginia there were lots and lots of places. Lots of old town with streams we canoed.

Nice find! I imagine small creeks like that get overlooked. Sorry to hear about the Deer. I always see them out in the morning when I'm up for an early hunt out West of here, but that's all rural so kind of expected. In here (by the city) I never see Deer.

Back
Top Bottom