Ace 150 or 250?

Anomen

I was wondering what one would be better to get... I heard theres not much difference other than the fact that the 250 has a pinpoint capability. but i also heard that it doesnt work very well... so would i just be better off buying a 150 for a few bucks cheaper?

I'm not very wealthy, so i'm just looking for a cheap one to start with.

really? I've heard a lot of people say that the pinpoint on the 250 is next to useless... maybe they're just noobs lol

So you think the 250 would be a better investment? I'm really stoked to start detecting... there's this cave near my house that apparently used to be used as a hideaway for English spy's during the American revolution. These guys pillaged the houses of patriots in the area... and I'm excited I might find some good stuff buried in there.

yeah I just did some more research and I think I've started to fall in love with the 250. from what you guys are saying plus everything else i've heard... it seems like the best bang for the buck.

I found a site where I can get it for about $185 s&h included in the price... so I think I'm going to order it within the next few days with the check uncle sam gave me :]

I just cant wait to get out and do some real treasure hunting. I've been exploring for a while... and aside from the old house footings and stone buildings in the woods by my house... there's also a pretty old abandoned railroad bed called the Lackawanna cut-off that runs right past where I went to high school. now I'm not real familiar with how accurate using a metal detector in these areas will be, but I cant wait to try. I'm hoping I find some good stuff... even if its only a few railroad spikes... I'll be happy.

also... like I said above... I cant wait to go search that cave for some good old revolutionary war loot! ;)

AT 185.00 the detector may be used. The dealers that are legit sell for 212.45 which is the lowest allowed.

Garrett Ace150 and Ace250

I have a Garrett Ace 150 and am very impressed with it. I do think the pin pointer and two additional discrimation modes would probably come in handy. I only bought the Ace 150, because it was the only metal detector I could find in town for sale!. If I had had the choice of the Ace 150 or Ace 250, I would have bought the Ace 250. You might also like seeing this youtube video on the Ace 150 & 250.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiTrxjfJyXw

Dusty Eagle

Back
Top Bottom