Finally! Something I can post here! Class ring from my alma mater and I know the family!!!! Wow!

Silver Bandit

Forum Supporter
As you can tell from my screen name, I graduated from Clemson University in 2002. Well I was hunting the home of a colleague of mine this morning and found this Clemson A&M College class ring from 1930!!!! I cleaned it off to find the name of a gentleman whose family I know!! It is a 10K ring and I have yet to find its weight. i also found a silver rosie and 12 wheats! What a great hunt!

I plan on contacting the family as soon as possible to surprise them. This is just a fantastic find for me as it is a ring ring from my alma mater, first class ring found, and from a family that I know in my hometown.

i will keep you guys updated on the return process!!! The father of the famly died a few years back and I am pretty sure this was his father's ring. The granddaughters actually went to high school with my brother. I know this will be quite an emotional return!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 4,711
ring

That is the best feeling in the world, to return a ring to its owner.

I have done that 9 times and the thrill never gets any better than the happy smiles on their faces. One woman even was jumping up & down in my house.I (just me) never take money for returning them, its just a great feeling you get..Good for you for returning it.....H.H. John

:wow2: What a great find! I found a ring once through the Lost My Stuff group and it was all the reward I needed to see the look on the woman's face. What a thrill.
Good for you.

WORD of advice, DON'T weigh it! I have returned a ton of class rings and I refuse to weigh them UNLESS they can't be returned and I know they are mine.

You do NOT want to know how many thousands of dollars you have given back when you return something that never really belonged to you. Just give it back and leave the money value completely out of the equation.

Nice find and good luck in the return.

Last edited:
Awesome find! That is going to be a fantastic return. It seems to personal to get pics, case specific I guess.

Back
Top Bottom