LandStar goes deep

Ed in KC

Forum Supporter
I keep my Bounty Hunter Camo LS on my work truck, but I don't have a chance to use it very often, but today I needed to find a 4" steel conduit, so I broke it out, and it found it just fine. I ran it in pinpoint mode and was able to trace the pipe all the way across the street. I was impressed!

Attachments

• conduit.jpg
    conduit.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 1,099
I don't know much about the Bounty Hunter Camo LS, but I guess putting it in your truck, seemed to have come in real handy.

Can you post a picture of the Landstar?

Actually I can understand why you would keep a detector in your truck now that I take another look at all the dirt in that picture.

What's your best find in places like this? Do you detect torn up sidewalks too?

Actually I can understand why you would keep a detector in your truck now that I take another look at all the dirt in that picture.

What's your best find in places like this? Do you detect torn up sidewalks too?

Well, my best find so far is a tie between the 4" conduit, and a manhole cover that someone had covered with concrete.:lol:

I keep it on the truck because one of these days, I'm going to be in a good spot to find some old coins, and actually have the time to take it out and use it--my workdays are just too busy:(

Here's the pic of my Camo LS--it's comouflaged, so you have to look very close in order to see it.:lol:

Attachments

• ls.jpg
    ls.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 1,033
  • ls1.jpg
    ls1.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 1,072
Impressive! That looks to be a good 16-18" deep. What's that black layer just above the pipe?

That's the base layer of asphalt; this is in a very rocky area so when the pipe was intalled they cheated a little on the depth, so instead of 24" deep, it's more like 15" or so. I was really surprise my detector would pick it up, but it worked out real well.

That is very impressive, nice going, Ed.
I bought my QDII, looked for a property marker but could not find it, perhaps I was a bit off the mark.

Back
Top Bottom