One Year Later with the Tracker IV

z118

Forum Supporter
One year ago today my Bounty Hunter Tracker IV came in the mail, and I quickly put it together and headed into my back yard. What an all consuming hobby this has become since then. Below are some pics of my finds in my first year detecting... the highlights - over 9,000 clad coins worth about $775, over a dozen silver rings and trinkets, three gold items, 5 silver coins, 2 Indian head pennies, almost 100 wheat pennies, some nifty relics, and more trinkets, tokens, keys, do-dads, and what-nots than I can shake a stick at.

Many times I've seen newbies come on the forum and ask about what detector to buy, and more times than not I've seen the responses that advise against an inexpensive detector like the Tracker IV. All I can say is $775 in one year isn't too bad. Who else can say their detector paid for itself 6 times over in the first year they had it? Especially considering the months I missed due to snow and frozen ground! Certainly buy the best you can afford, but if all you can afford is $100, buy the Tracker IV and don't think twice about it!

I'll be using that clad money to upgrade soon, I'm torn between the DFX and Sovereign GT (leaning toward the latter).

I can't tell you how much this forum has added to the hobby, and the insight and enthusiasm you can find here are truly priceless.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Clad.jpg
    Clad.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 3,524
  • Foreign Coins.jpg
    Foreign Coins.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 3,339
  • Old Coins.jpg
    Old Coins.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 3,209
  • Silver Gold.jpg
    Silver Gold.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 3,195
  • Wheats.jpg
    Wheats.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 3,476
A few more pics of trinkets and junk...

Attachments

• Tokens.jpg
    Tokens.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 3,235
  • Relics.jpg
    Relics.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 3,172
  • Trinkets.jpg
    Trinkets.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 3,165
  • Boxes of Treasure.jpg
    Boxes of Treasure.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 3,176
  • Pins.jpg
    Pins.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 3,205
Congratulations Z-man!!

What a cool way to celebrate your 1st year! You sure had a good start in this amazing hobby! Thanks for sharing all your treasures with us. You sure you want to upgrade that Bounty Hunter?!?:lol:

Man, you've really done good, and it makes me wonder if there's any need to buy an expensive detector for the average coin/jewelry shooter? Way to go!

$360.00 in Quarters! WOW! :shock: You do not need a new detector my friend. This is very impressive. There is a lot of hard work in these finds. Congratulations on a great year. Looks like you made enough to almost pay for your new "DFX" :yes: Thanks for sharing!

Keep Swing'in
Jack

So there is hope for me yet ! :D I have gone out only 3 times and my big return has been .36 in clad. And a bunch of trash.

Happy Birthday. Great finds:yes: . Its not always about the machine, its about the man who use it:cool:

Very nice work for a years work! I hope I can do thats good in a years time!
Way to go! and good pix also! Let us know how you like your new detector when you get it.

Ken

I love the photos! Excellent finds too, Z. Great job and very well presented! You definitely had a very successful year. :)

Congratulations Z! What a stash! You gonna cash-in the clad or bury it in the back yard?

Hope you have a lot of fun and success with your new detector.

Excellent year - it's an inspiration for the rest of us.... :yes:

How often do you get out?
What part of the country do you live in and where are you hunting, tot lots, beaches?

Z,

I think that your success is as much about your enthusiasm, perserverence, patience, persistence, and skill, as it is about what particular detector you used. Others with your dedication will hopefully take example from you!

Happy Birthday. Great finds:yes: . Its not always about the machine, its about the man who use it:cool:

Z -

Epi and Persi said it best. The machine isn't even the half of it -- it's the person on the other end of the machine.

I say go for the upgrade. With your positive attitude and determination, just think what you can find with a high-end, deep-reaching machine. Good luck, and keep the posts coming...they're an inspiration to the rest of us!

Harley=Dog

Soils searched??

A few more pics of trinkets and junk...

What an amazing year for you. Fabulous post and pictures.

Would you mind sharing what types of places and soils (high minerals, beaches, etc?) you've used the Tracker in?

I'm wondering how it would work, to start out, in Colorado and Arizona.

Thanks,

EKW

What a haul ! The top pic would make a good screen saver. And a great message to all, esp the newbies. I spent 300 bux on my main detector, Steve i nso az

Thanks to all for the kind responses! As I said, this forum adds so much to the hobby, it's amazing!

To answer a few questions... I mostly hunted schoolyards and parks and the occasion private lot. I am not sure about soil mineralization; I am guessing that there is not any where I hunt.

Rich, I probally would bury that clad somewhere... IF I didn't think those pennies would rot away into nothing!

I think a large part of my success (maybe the most important part) was that I found some GREAT places to hunt that gave up large numbers of clad. I'm starting to exhaust a few of these places, which is one reason I want to upgrade. I'm guessing there is still a fair amount of items there that the Tracker may have missed. I also want to start hunting in places more likely to give up old coins... and for that I think a better detector will yield better results. I'm almost certain I'll be going with the Sovereign at this point.

Thanks again!

Where do you live?

Thanks to all for the kind responses! As I said, this forum adds so much to the hobby, it's amazing!

To answer a few questions... I mostly hunted schoolyards and parks and the occasion private lot. I am not sure about soil mineralization; I am guessing that there is not any where I hunt.

Rich, I probally would bury that clad somewhere... IF I didn't think those pennies would rot away into nothing!

I think a large part of my success (maybe the most important part) was that I found some GREAT places to hunt that gave up large numbers of clad. I'm starting to exhaust a few of these places, which is one reason I want to upgrade. I'm guessing there is still a fair amount of items there that the Tracker may have missed. I also want to start hunting in places more likely to give up old coins... and for that I think a better detector will yield better results. I'm almost certain I'll be going with the Sovereign at this point.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the info. I'm still curious, are you East or West of the Mississippi?

EKW

Back
Top Bottom