One Old Gold Today

imalookin2

"In Memory Of"
Forum Supporter
I found this signet ring today in the wet at low tide. I am guessing it has been in the sand a long time. It tests 10K at 1.7 grams but the marks are worn off or it was never marked. This beach has been great so far. I was told not to go to Ga and detect by a couple of guys. They said it is a waste of time. Yea, that was BS now I find out. I am finding old stuff that I never see on my Jax beaches. This has only been my 3d time up there but I will go back soon! ;)

I got a couple of toasted wheat pennies, Amber's heart and a kids ring. Beautiful day, no rain finally.

Attachments

• IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 595
  • IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 696
Congrats my friend ..

You are having quite a week ..

Could you please send me back that case of WHINE I shipped to you :laughing:

and the peaches and pie ;)

Only one gold? No Rolex today??? what's going on???

Get back out there!!!!:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Congrats Ima on that signet ring, one old ticket. :yes:
These guys weren't BSing you, ALL look like fresh drops to me :laughing:

I found this signet ring today in the wet at low tide. I am guessing it has been in the sand a long time. It tests 10K at 1.7 grams but the marks are worn off or it was never marked. This beach has been great so far. I was told not to go to Ga and detect by a couple of guys. They said it is a waste of time. Yea, that was BS now I find out. I am finding old stuff that I never see on my Jax beaches. This has only been my 3d time up there but I will go back soon! ;)

I got a couple of toasted wheat pennies, Amber's heart and a kids ring. Beautiful day, no rain finally.

I don't know Ima... that doesn't look like gold to me... looks like brass... I have found lots of old gold in the past and it was never pitted like that...

I don't know Ima... that doesn't look like gold to me... looks like brass... I have found lots of old gold in the past and it was never pitted like that...
Would brass test for 10K? When I did the 14K it smoked. 10K did nothing. You find a lot of old gold. Maybe you are right. I know itsaring found one just like it. His tested 10K too. Guess I need to have a jeweler test it out. It seems sand blasted to me but IDK. It was resized at some time. Would you do that to a brass ring?

Last edited:
Would brass test for 10K? When I did the 14K it smoked. 10K did nothing. You find a lot of old gold. Maybe you are right. I know itsaring found one just like it. His tested 10K too. Guess I need to have a jeweler test it out. It seems sand blasted to me but IDK.

could be sandblasted... :D but I still think its brass :lol:

Last edited:
Would brass test for 10K? When I did the 14K it smoked. 10K did nothing. You find a lot of old gold. Maybe you are right. I know itsaring found one just like it. His tested 10K too. Guess I need to have a jeweler test it out. It seems sand blasted to me but IDK. It was resized at some time. Would you do that to a brass ring?

Are you doubting Famous Craig ??

I mean you gave him the title :lol:

I think he is retired now , like the Sultan...

Hopefully he will come out of retirement soon and show us some finds :cool: :shock: :laughing: :p

I'm a winter hunter BP when all the warm weather hunters put away their detectors I'm out there in the cold and snow... care to join me? :yes:

I'm a winter hunter BP when all the warm weather hunters put away their detectors I'm out there in the cold and snow... care to join me? :yes:

Sounds like a plan ;)

Cold doesn't scare me..I love it !!!
I'm not one of these Fla guys pal !!!

Hey old hunter...what do you think of this...Silver maybe ??
No markings, nice worn patina, blackened, deep at dead low

pocketwatch.jpg

pocketwatch1.jpg

Sounds like a plan ;)

Hey old hunter...what do you think of this...Silver maybe ??
No markings, nice worn patina, blackened, deep at dead low

pocketwatch.jpg

pocketwatch1.jpg

Throw it in the trash... Its junk... :laughing:

Sounds like a plan ;)

Us Fla guys are smart. We hunt year round and in the winter our gonads don't shrink to the size of raisins. :laughing: I lived in NY long enough to know to fly south! Even birds know this.

Back
Top Bottom