In The Hole With The Amazing Tesoro Silver µMax

beephead

Elite Member
I took the Tesoro Silver µMax out to a local park this morning. This particular park was heavily used in the 60's and is loaded with pull tabs, screw caps and pry caps, especially near the parking areas. I've been up and down the area by the parking rail several times in the past with my Omega and Gold Bug Pro using a 5 inch DD coil and did quite well with them, except the pry caps gave both of them fits.

I set my discrimination on the Tesoro Silver µMax to discriminate out pull tabs, pry caps and screw caps and the sensitivity on 10 while working near the parking areas. I later set the discrimination to the 'iron' mark when I moved away from the heavy trash area.

What's so amazing, the Silver µMax rang out loud and clear when it hit the large chunky silver ring, even though in the same hole was a pry cap and a pull tab that were discriminated out.

The Tesoro Silver µMax is a real work horse.:yes:

beephead

PeaceRing005.jpg

PeaceRing002.jpg

PeaceRing003.jpg

PeaceRing006.jpg

PeaceRing013.jpg

Nice hunt! My Silver uMax will be here tomorrow! Cant wait to get out and have some fun with it! I keep seeing all these posts with great finds using this machine. In 24 hours I will be out swinging mine also!! :D Thanks for video about the sound signals that will really help out a newb like me who never owned a Tesoro before.

Nice hunt! My Silver uMax will be here tomorrow! Cant wait to get out and have some fun with it! I keep seeing all these posts with great finds using this machine. In 24 hours I will be out swinging mine also!! :D Thanks for video about the sound signals that will really help out a newb like me who never owned a Tesoro before.

Just get some targets to practice with out in the yard on some metal free ground. If you set the discrimination where it's just starting to break up on a sports foil drink cap when you raise the coil some you will find gold rings if you dig all small clean sounding targets. If you find yourself digging more trash than you want to, just increase the discrimination just enough until the problem trash starts to crackle. You may lose some gold rings, but finding silver rings is not a bad deal.

Good luck! You got yourself one amazing detector.

beephead

Back
Top Bottom