WOOOT!!..2 gold rings today!!!

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
I posted about my hunt at this park I just found and started hunting this week.
Used the F2 with my new 10" coil last Saturday the first time I was here...did pretty well, but there was way too much trash for that big coil to do this site corerectly.

P1030254.jpg

A couple of cars, lots of coins and even a piece of silver.
Could not wait to get back here with the sniper coil, and on Wednesday I did and did much better.
That coil was able to move around the trash much more easily, I was able to identify and dig several more of the trash targets and get them out of the way, and I could pick out many more quality and now unmasked signals I had missed with that bigger coil.
I wasn't moving super slow, but I picked up signals galore, especially in a very small grassy area that sat between two small basketball courts...a section I had covered pretty thoroughly with my 10" coil the last time.

20120822_114722.jpg

I was able to find much more using that smaller coil that day...

P1030273.jpg

...but the best thing of all that day was a real nice 14k gold ring with what I believe is a real diamond.
This one was found right in the middle of that patch of grass in the pic above.

P1030272.jpg

Well, this morning I went back to the same park and hunted the exact same areas I hit the last two times, and made sure I covered that b-ball court grass area again and this time, real slow and with heavy overlapping.
The F2 is fast, but the slower you go the more targets can be acquired, and today I was also going to dig all the signals I came across.
Lots of trash here, but as you know the good stuff can come in as the same darn signals as trash does, so If I want to find gold, (always my goal), I have to dig it all.
I have been saying this for awhile, and today I am glad I listened to myself.

I rarely ever post pics of my trash, but today I will to prove a point for the newbies.
This is my one gallon size bag-o-trash I accumulated in today's hunt...about 5 hours worth.

trash.jpg

One type of trash at this particular park is lots and lots of those stupid sta-tabs.
Hate them.
On my F2, these things usually come in at the edge of my nickel range, (35 on the VDI in the ground, 34 if it on top), or 37 which is the start of my tab section.
Sometimes they could be 37-39, a few were solid 33 nickel signals, too, but I usually can tell a tab is being scanned because the signal can jump really high as you move different parts of the coil over it...however nothing in this hobby is 100%...ever, and that 14k gold ring I found at my last hunt was a solid 37-39 tab signal, so I got it in my head to dig them all in those ranges today.

tabs.jpg

Another thing I hate are those inserts in the cap of sports drinks.
On the F2 that is usually going to be a solid 24 VDI, along with ketchup packets, gum wrappers and other foil about the same size.
Again, they could be higher and jumpy sometimes, some a little lower, but a signal around 24 is usually going to be this sort of foil trash for me.
I have dug enough of these to know these 24 and 35 numbers pretty well.

Here, is what I dug in that 24 range today.

foil.jpg

Now keep these numbers in mind as I continue with my story.

I was working the area of that grass strip in the picture above, and continued to the left of it where there was a tree and some shade for the b-ballers to sit when they took a break.
At my last hunt my friend from my md club worked this area around the tree a little with a T2 and a sniper coil and found a silver ring.
I scanned the tree area, found some clad, and worked my way back away from that tree trunk.
I hit a 35 signal and got ready to dig another tab...but this time, as I stuck my digger in the ground and pried up the soil what I saw was no tab.

ring 10k.jpg

I plucked it out, cleaned it off and looked...10k baby!
Gold ring # 2 in 2 hunts.

I was thrilled, but I wasn't done.
I dug a couple of more signals, clad... and not one minute later and about 2 feet away from that previous gold ring, I got a 24 signal.
Very solid, this one was going to be a sports drink insert, but not having x-ray vision I really could not know for sure so this signal had to be dug, too.

I pried up a little piece of dirt, I found a piece of foil, but not really big enough to trigger that 24 reading, I got it out of the way and went to pick up the little piece of dirt and grass I had flipped over to place back into the small hole and in that piece of dirt was...another gold looking ring!

smmall heart ring.jpg

Could it be?
I pulled this one out of the dirt, cleaned it off and saw 14k.

This has never happened to me before.
Gold is rare for us park and land hunters... but two in one day?
Can you say...happy hunter? :woohoo:

park place.jpg

I hung around another hour or so, dug much more clad and some trash in areas I had hit before.
This was the third time here, but using that small coil, going slow and heavy overlapping got me even more than my previous hunts at this same park and in these same areas I had hunted 2 times in the past.

P1030277.jpg

I also found a piece of something that said 925 silver on it, but it is all flaking off so I think not.

P1030275.jpg

A weird thing was I found a bunch of heart targets today.
That gold ring, a junk earring, a junk ring and a charm.

P1030280.jpg

Well, maybe this is an omen...so be it.

I officially heart, (love), this place!
3 gold rings in two successive hunts within 5 days!

P1030291.jpg

So there it is newbies.
You want the treasure, you have to do the work.
All three of these ring signals were trash signals, but in reality they were golden signals to me because I was willing to dig them.
Keep that in mind as you hunt...for me it has always worked out well.

Hopefully, much more to come!

HH

I attempted to make a movie about these 2 gold finds with my Galaxy cell phone.
It takes great regular pics, but not so great movies.

I will get better at this and use my Panasonic camera next time I come back here.

Dang! You give me hope to hunt inland again when it cools off.Supposed to be good where they play frisbee golf(toss rings with frisbee toss).Too crowded still now.A frisbee hitting a tree and falling down on you gives you a bit of a scare:laughing: Winter is better;)

Totally awesome hunts at that park, Digger. I can just about guess that the little heart ring is going to the wife. : ) It's all good. Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Right on Jack !! Dig it all - get the gold. I do get a lot of hearts also. Steve in so az

Wow great park you have. I have been thinking I need to start cleaning out pull tabs now....

Great finds, three gold rings is awesome for any park. Keep it up!

Greg

Back
Top Bottom