outer banks finds

Mr.krayola

I go down to Nags Head,NC every year. This is really not alot of stuff compared to the previous years there. Sad to say the best years are after the huricanes. This year I only MD about a total of 4 hours due to a sore stomach. I had an obstruction of the small intestine a week earlier. Any way here they are.

Attachments

• nags head o7.jpg
    nags head o7.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 7,336
Not a bad haul for 4 hours,What mile post did you hunt at? I am headed down that way in a couple weeks

Pretty nice haul... Is that one of those play pirate coins?

Not a bad haul for 4 hours,What mile post did you hunt at? I am headed down that way in a couple weeks

I stay at MP.16.5 To be more specific I stay right next to jennettes pier ( excuse my spelling of that ) I love the OBX! Great place to visit! Hopefully live some day soon!

Pretty nice haul... Is that one of those play pirate coins?

You got it. The first one I found about 4 years ago was in bad shape. I went crazy trying to figure out what it was. Upon futher inspection I could just make out the word " copy ". Oh well. Thought I found an old coin or token.

Hey, Tab, are you using your Vaquero on the beach? If so, how does it perform in the wet sand? I'm thinking about getting a Tesoro Tiger Shark, but may try the Vaq.

Hey, Tab, are you using your Vaquero on the beach? If so, how does it perform in the wet sand? I'm thinking about getting a Tesoro Tiger Shark, but may try the Vaq.

I should tell you that for the last 5 years i have been using a ( $200 ) radio shack detector on that beach. I just bought that Vaquero in the begining of August.I plan on going to a local beach 2marrow. I will update you as soon as I can. This machine performs awesome. I have gone over a site I detected in the part with other MD and found quite a bit more. I'm getting used to it , been out every chance I can. Hope this helps

Thanks. I have a Cibola and a Silver uMax, both of which I like. Also have a Minelab Explorer, which I never use. I wonder what the Vaquero has over the Cibola? Everybody that has the Vaq. loves it. But everybody loves their Cib, also. I guess being able to ground-balance at the beach has it's benefits.

Back
Top Bottom